Greetings Gateway Community,
Starting today (June 10), Gateway Whole Home HDPVR owners can look forward to improvements to their lean mean recording machine as we begin the national implementation of our newest firmware update, version 7.1.2.
Two phase update schedule:
Phase One (cable modem):
- Start date: Monday, June 10, 2013
- Finish date: Wednesday, June 12, 2013
- Please note all upgrades will be performed between 2:00 AM and 6:30 AM local area time.
Phase Two (set top) :
- Start date: Monday, June 17, 2013
- Finish date: Friday, June 28, 2013
- Please note due to the amount of gateway we have deployed in the field, the upgrades will be done over multiple days.
During Phase One (cable modem):
- Recordings will be interrupted for the amount of time it takes the Gateway to reset (approx. two minutes).
- There is no way to defer Phase One..
During Phase Two (set top):
- If a recording is in progress, the firmware update will be automatically deferred and offered later.
- If there are no recordings in progress, a dialogue box will pop up asking if you want to update. If you choose no, you will be reminded the following day.
- If there are no recordings in progress and the prompt isn't acknowledged, the upgrade will begin.
- Overall stability improvements
- Guide updates:
- Improvements to the way the Gateway flags - new episodes for guide and recording purposes
- Improved hard drive connectivity
- Trick play enhancements (FFWD, REW, Play, etc) enhancements:
- The responsiveness of these functions Skip, Replay, Back and Next buttons has been improved
- Fast-forward and rewind speed are now consistent across all playback types (VOD, Recordings, Live TV)
- The playback bar accurately displays progress
- VOD/PPV enhancements
- In the event of a VOD/PPV error, error codes will now be displayed at
the bottom-left of the screen for reporting purposes
- Compatibility with our newest Portal model (MP2150 – coming soon)
- Font changes - readability of the font has improved:
Please join us on the Shaw Community Gateway Forums here: Shaw Gateway
Look forward to hearing your feedback.
Community Moderator & Gateway user