In the event that you need to fully reset your Digital Phone Terminal, or DPT, you will need to remove its backup battery in addition to unplugging the power cable from the unit.
On This Page
You can remove the battery from your Motorola Digital Phone Terminal as follows. You can refer to the visual guide below for assistance.
Locate and remove the battery cover on the bottom of the DPT by depressing the locking tabs.
With the cover removed, the battery is now visible and can be pulled free from the DPT using the small plastic pull tab
To re-install the battery, simply slide it back into its bay and then clip the battery cover back in place
Note: This only applies to the Motorola SBV 5220. The Motorola SBV 5120's battery is external and part of the power supply.
Removing the battery from the Motorola DPT
You can remove the battery from your Arris Digital Phone Terminal as follows. You can refer to the visual guide below for assistance.
- Locate the latch tab (front/bottom) on the Arris DPT and depress the tab to release the door
- To re-install the battery, please reverse these instructions. Note that the battery will only fit completely if it has been inserted correctly
- Once the latch is disengaged you can remove the door to reveal the batter
- Remove the battery by grasping the yellow tab and firmly pulling the battery from its bay
- Restore the door to its original position and ensure that the latch has locked in place toward the front of the DPT
Removing the battery from the Arris DPT
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the Phone forum.