If you have purchased a Shaw HD TV box, HD PVR, or Gateway system, you may find that you need to change the resolution so it matches your TV's capabilities. This article details settings that will ensure the best viewing experience from your specific TV box.

Ignite TV

To ensure the best viewing experience with an Ignite TV (formerly known as BlueCurve TV), use the remote control to:

1. Power on your TV and Ignite TV.
  2. Select Settings (gear icon) in your Ignite TV menu, then press OK.
  3. Use the down arrow to scroll down to Device Settings, then press OK.
  4. Use the up or down arrow to scroll to Video Display, then press OK.
  5. Use the down arrow to scroll down to Video Output Resolution, then press OK.
  6. Select the desired resolution and press OK. 

149995_Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 10.21.39 AM.png

Your resolution options are: 4:3, 480i SD, 4:3, 480p SD, 16:9, 720p HD, 16:9, 1080i HD, and 16:9, 1080p60 HD. You can also switch between these resolutions using just the remote, without navigating on-screen menus. 

Arris Gateway

To ensure the best viewing experience with an Arris Gateway:

1. Power on your TV and your Arris Gateway.
  2. Press the MENU button on your Shaw remote control.
  3. Press the left arrow on your Shaw remote control until you find the Settings option
  4. Choose the setup option Aspect Ratio. From here you will be able to select either Standard (4:3) TV or Widescreen (16:9) TV.
    • Choosing the Widescreen (16:9) TV option will allow you to determine how standard definition (SD) content is displayed on your TV by selecting either Maintain (displays SD content as is) or Stretch (stretches SD content to fill the TV screen)

Moxi guide aspect ratio.PNG

4. Navigate to TV Setup and select the display settings that best match the capabilities of your television set. Choose from: 1080p 30Hz, 1080p 24Hz, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i.

Motorola TV box

To ensure the best viewing experience with a Motorola TV box:

1. Power on your TV and ensure that your TV box is powered off.
  2. Press the SETTINGS or MENU button on your Shaw remote. A new user interface window will appear with the title User Settings.

149987_motorola-cable-box-user-settings.png

3. Press the left and right arrow buttons on your Shaw remote control to cycle through the different options. The selected setting will be marked with a >. Press the up and down arrow buttons to navigate up and down the list.
  4. Ensure that the following settings are optimized for your TV:
    • TV Type: Allows you to adjust the picture depending on the shape of your television. If you have a widescreen TV, set your picture to 16:9. Otherwise, use 4:3 Letterbox or 4:3 Pan and Scan.
    • YPbPr Output (DVI or HDMI/YPbPr Output): Adjusts the resolution of the picture. 1080i and 720p settings are optimal for HD TVs, while 480p and 480i are best for standard-definition TVs. You can also set the TV box to display in Native mode, which shows the content in the resolution it naturally broadcasts
    • 4:3 Override: Allows you to change how standard definition content is displayed on your widescreen TV. Stretch mode will cause the picture to expand so that it fills the full screen, while Off, 840p, and 480i will display the image in its natural resolution, with black bars on either side.
  5. Press the POWER button on your Shaw remote to save your selections and exit User Settings.

Pace TV box

To ensure the best viewing experience with a Pace TV box:

1. Power on your TV and ensure that your TV box is powered off.
  2. Push the MENU button on the front of the TV box. A new user interface window will appear.

Pace Resolution Settings 1.png
  3. Use the arrow buttons on your Shaw remote to select TV Aspect Ratio, then press the OK button.
  4. Set your aspect ratio to 16:9 (Widescreen TV) or 4:3 (Standard Definition TV).
  5. Press the left arrow button on your Shaw remote to return to the previous menu.

Pace Resolution Settings 2.png
  6. Select TV Display Capabilities to change the display resolution. The options are 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i. Choose the option that best matches your TV's capabilities. Press the left arrow button on your Shaw remote to return to the previous menu.

Pace Resolution Settings 3.png

7. Select Auto Pillarbox, then choose either Yes or No. Selecting Yes will add black bars on either side of 4:3 ratio content while your TV is set for 16:9. Selecting No will stretch lower aspect ratio content to fill your television screen.

Pace Resolution Settings 4.png

6. Press the POWER button on your Shaw remote control to exit the Pace user settings menu.

Labels (2)
TALK TO US
We're here to help