Understanding your BlueSky TV Bill

Document created by shaw-alex on Jan 4, 2017Last modified by shaw-lili on Jun 28, 2017
Version 42Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Billing Scenarios for New and Existing Customers

Do you have questions about your first bill or new bill after getting BlueSky TV? Here are some answers to get you started. Click on the section that applies to you, either as a new Shaw customer or as an existing customer based on how you are currently billed for your services.

Did You Know

With Advance billing, most of our service areas are billed one month in advance, so your first bill represents two months of service.

With BlueSky TV, your billing process moves will use the Advance billing method.

New Shaw customer

As a new customer, your first bill will represent two full months of services. The bill starts on your BlueSky TV installation date and your new services are billed in advance.

For example, if your new services were installed on January 15th, your first bill will cover services from January 15th - February 14th and February 15th - March 14th. That includes the installation month and your first month of advance service.

After your first bill, all subsequent bills will include a standard single month of services, billed in advance.

Month 1 and 2 of Billing

Learn more at BlueSky billing for new Shaw customers 

I pay for my services in advance

When BlueSky TV is installed, a new bill is generated — exactly like that of a new customer — and any outstanding balance or credit from your previous account will be transferred to your first BlueSky bill (listed on your bill as a "Balance Carried Forward"). We call this Start of Cycle Billing or Advance billing.

You will also receive a bill with a zero-dollar balance. This is a normal part of the billing cycle transfer and represents the closing balance of your pre-BlueSky TV account.

Three Month Billing

Learn more at BlueSky TV Billing: How advance billing works 

I pay for my services at the end of my billing cycle

Existing customers who install BlueSky TV may experience changes to their monthly bill because BlueSky TV customers are billed one month in advance. This means that your first post-installation bill will cover:

• Two full months of service from your installation date
  • Any existing balance or credit from the previous bill (listed on your bill as a "Balance Carried Forward"). 

Three Month Billing

Your BlueSky TV installation will also change the start and end date of your billing cycle, resulting in new bill due date.

You will also receive a bill with a zero-dollar balance. This is a normal part of the billing cycle transfer and represents the closing balance of your pre-BlueSky TV account.

Learn more at BlueSky Billing: Moving to a new billing cycle 

Did You Know

If you order additional services – such as a Pay-Per-View events – before your BlueSky TV is installed, charges may not appear until your next bill.

Related Articles

Still have questions? Chat with us on social media.

It's fast, easy and convenient, and it's totally a new way to connect with us.

Facebook Messenger       Twitter Help

Attachments

Outcomes