The One Moment Please (Ref code: s0a00) message will appear on your TV when the Digital Box has stopped receiving the proper signal required in order to display that channel. This can occur either on all channels, or just individual ones. This message can also appear when a Digital Box has not yet been activated on your account or when it has been unplugged from power for an extended period of time. For a brief video guide on resetting your cable box, please watch the video below.
One Moment Please
Resolving the Issue
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the Digital Box
- Wait 30 seconds
- Reconnect the power cable
- After a few moments you can power the Digital Box back on and test it
Resetting your digital cable terminal
Can't see the video? Click here
Please Note: Your Interactive Guide will display “To Be Announced” for about an hour after this type of reset, but your picture should return immediately
- Locate the coaxial cable on the back of the Digital Box. This is typically a white cable with a screw end. If this cable is loosely connected, disconnected or damaged it will cause the “One Moment Please” issue to occur
- Unscrew and then re-connect the coaxial cable from the back of the Digital Box as well as the outlet on the wall to ensure that it is tightly connected and seated properly
Reconnecting the coaxial cable
- Locate any cable splitters or extensions that are on the coaxial cable by following the cable from the back of the Digital Box to the outlet on the wall
- Remove any present cable splitters so that the cable line goes directly from the outlet on the wall to the back of the Digital Box
- Test the service again with the splitter disconnected. If your issue is resolved, you may need to replace your cable splitter
Bypassing the coaxial splitter
- Test additional TVs with attached Digital Boxes in the house to see if the same issue is occurring. If not, it’s possible that just this outlet is affected
- Replace the coaxial cable with a new one in case it has become damaged
- Test the Digital Box on a different outlet in the house. If this successfully restores picture then the issue lies at the outlet that the Digital Box was originally connected to, not with the equipment. At this point, you will want to contact one of our technical support representatives for further investigation
Please Note: If this is a newly purchased Digital Box, or it was recently owned by a different Shaw customer it is possible that you will need to activate the unit. To activate your Digital Box please visit Shaw Digital Box Activations.
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the TV forum.