My Account provides online access to Voicemail and other Shaw Home Phone features through a convenient and easy to use website. This guide will provide simple information and instructions for getting the most out of your features.
Note: Access to these features are available for customers subscribed to a Shaw Home Phone package which includes the features listed here: http://shaw.ca/Home-Phone/Features/.
On This Page
To begin, login to the My Account at http://myaccount.shaw.ca. If you have not yet registered for My Account, please refer to Shaw Account Settings (My Account) for additional instructions or click Create one now on the right side of the login page.
Once logged in, click on Phone on the left hand menu. You will see a list of any phone numbers associated with the account which will also reference the plan package applied to each phone number. On this page you will be able to listen to voicemails online and manage your Voicemail , Privacy and Forwarding settings.
(click for a larger image)
Back to Top
In the Voicemail Settings section you will be presented with a list of options and settings:
- Enable or Disable your voicemail
Number of Rings
- Set the number of rings before voicemail picks up
- Message waiting indicators:
- You can enable/disable settings to have your message indicator light up when you have an unheard message or to stutter your dial tone when you have unheard voicemails
- Email notifications:
- Manage up to 5 email addresses to receive notifications online when you receive a voicemail
- You can enable/disable options to email you an audio recording (.wav format) of each voicemail message and to notify when your mailbox is full or nearly full
- Under Email notifications, click + Add Email
- Enter your email address and click Save
- A maximum of five email addresses can be active for Voicemail to Email settings
- Settings chosen will apply to all email addresses registered for notifications
- Toggling the switches to ON will enable the associated email notification features
Calling-in for messages
When you click on the Calling-in for messages button you'll see the following options:
- You can enable/disable options to skip the main menu and play messages right away as well as to have the date, time and phone number play before each message.
To change your Voicemail pin, please follow these steps:
- From the expanded Calling-in for Messages menu, click the Change Voicemail Pin button (seen right).
- Enter your new PIN in the provided field
- Click Save to finish
- A security feature you can enable/disable to prompt for a VM pin to be entered before access is provided to messages
- The pin would be required to be between a minimum of four (4) to a maximum of fourteen (14) digits in length.
Play Messages in this order:
- Preference can be set to play the most recent message or oldest message first
Play voice prompts in:
- Preference can be set to play voice prompts in several languages, including: English, French, Punjabi, Mandarin or Cantonese.
- Use a default greeting or upload your own recorded greeting
- Upload a recorded greeting for listening only. With this feature enabled, this message will play when a call is received and not provide an option to leave a message.
- This feature can also be used by calling into voicemail and using the Absence Greeting option within the menu.
Back to Top
The Privacy menu offers a selection of features to control how your phone line receives calls and to ensure that you have the tools required to prevent unwanted callers from reaching your line.
Under the Privacy tab you will see options for:
Blocking unwanted calls:
Do Not Disturb:
- When this feature is enabled, you phone line will not receive any incoming calls nor will any incoming calls reach your voicemail.
- Callers will hear a message explaining that you are not accepting calls at this time.
Anonymous Call Blocking:
- When this feature is enabled, incoming calls from private or unlisted numbers will not ring on your line.
- The caller will hear a message explaining that you are not receiving calls from unidentified numbers.
- Please Note: Callbacks from 911 Emergency services may come through as anonymous and therefore would be blocked if Anonymous Call Blocking is enabled.
Selective Call Blocking:
- This feature allows you to define specific numbers and block those numbers from being able to call your line.
- You can specify up to 30 numbers from which you do not wish to receive calls.
- If a blocked number calls your line, the caller will hear a message advising them that your line is not accepting calls from their number.
While on a call:
- You can enable/disable this feature from notifying you when another call is coming through via a beep.
- You can enable/disable this feature to use to contact you when a busy number you're trying to reach is available.
- 1-900 or 1-976 calls connect you to companies that provide a service (e.g., psychic lines, adult chats, contests, etc.). These calls are billable to your account if they are made from your line, and the cost can range from $1 to $15 per minute, or more.
- Shaw automatically puts a block on your line so that 1-900 and 1-976 calls can't be made from your telephone; you can request Shaw to remove the block to allow 1-900 and 1-976 calls to be made.
- By removing blocking of 1-900 and 1-976 dialing you are solely responsible for the use by you and other users, including all calls to 1-900 and 1-976 numbers originating from your telephone(s) regardless of who made them.
Back to Top
The Forwarding tab enables you to configure your Call Forwarding and Simultaneous Ring options.
- This feature allows you to forward your calls to another phone number. Alternatively, you can forward all of your calls to voicemail if you wish to screen calls for a brief period of time or are not going to be answering incoming calls for an extended period (e.g. while you are away on vacation).
- This feature allows you to define up to four additional numbers which will ring when your main line is called. This can be helpful for having calls ring at home, in your office and to your cell phone, so you don’t miss an important call. This feature can only be used with local numbers.
Back to Top
Jan 16 | Shaw Phone Portal App Retired
Shaw Account Settings (My Account)
Still have questions? Chat with us on social media.
It's fast, easy and convenient, and it's totally a new way to connect with us.