Enjoy more choice and flexibility in your channel selection. Pick and Pay Shaw customers have more choice and flexibility when it comes to the selection and packaging of their TV services. 

What is Pick and Pay?

With Pick and Pay, you have the choice of subscribing to additional channels on a Pick and Pay basis above and beyond your chosen TV package.

Why the new offering?

• In our continued commitment to providing our customers with the highest level of package customization, we’ve further improved our Television packaging to offer additional customer choice in support of updated CRTC regulations.
  • Shaw is excited to launch our brand new à la carte TV options, offering customized channel selections that complement our existing TV packages to offer more choice than ever before. 
  • Shaw is expanding the number of channels that you can add to your package. Over 180 channels are available individually for customers that have at minimum the Limited TV package.
Did you know: In order to access individual channels via Pick and Pay you must have (at a minimum) Limited TV which includes select local channels and mandatory channels as required by the CRTC. View our TV plans.

How to order Pick and Pay channels

In order to add Pick and Pay channels you must have a TV Plan with Rogers.

Shaw Customers with an Existing TV Plan

1. Visit the Shaw.ca Pick and Pay Channel page.
  2. To check how much a channel costs, click on Download channel pricing.

3. To order, click on Add channels.
  4. You will be taken to an Order form page, fill it out with your information.
  5. List the channels you want under Additional information.
  6. Confirm your order summary and click on Submit order. 

Theme Packs

Rogers also offers the ability to customize your channel programs with theme packs as well as the option to create your own Custom 10 Pack where you can pick any 10 channels to create your own custom theme pack. In order to pick your theme packs or ten channels, follow these steps:

1. Visit the Channel Add-ons page on Shaw.ca.
  2. Scroll down to Theme Packs.
  3. To check channels included on every pack, click on Download Theme Packs list. 
  4. Click Order now.
  5. You will be taken to an Order form page, fill it out with your information.
  6. List the theme pack or 10 channels you want under Additional information.
  7. Confirm your order summary and click on Submit order. 

How to select channels via MyShaw

You can also add channels through MyShaw.

From My Services > TV Option

1. Login to https://my.shaw.ca. If you do not have a MyShaw account set up you can create one by going here.
  2. Once you have signed into My Shaw, click My Services from the navigation bar at the top. Select TV.
  3. In the My channels section, click on Shop premium channels.
  4. You will be taken to Shaw's Channels page. From here you can select Pick and Pay from the options available. (You can also select Theme Packs as well).
  5. Click Order now from Individual Channels.
  6. You will be taken to the Shaw Plan Builder page. From here select Add Channels.
  7. Select the Channel Category that you are looking for. For example, Family.
  8. Click Individual Channels.
  9. Select the channel that you would like to add to your services. (You also have the option of selecting a Channel Pack.) Click Add.
  10. The channel will be added to your cart. From here you can select another channel or if you are finished with your selection click Proceed to Checkout.
  11. Complete the order form with name, confirmation of address, phone and email and other additional information and click Submit my order.

From Add Service Option

1. Once you have signed in to My Account, click Add Service from the options on the left.
  2. Click Manage TV
  3. Click Shop TV programming.
  4. You will be taken to Shaw's Channels page. From here you can select Pick and Pay from the options available. (You can also select Theme Packs as well).
  5. Click Order now from Individual Channels.
  6. You will be taken to the Shaw Plan Builder page. From here select Add Channels.
  7. Select the Channel Category that you are looking for. For example, Family.
  8. Click Individual Channels.
  9. Select the channel that you would like to add to your services. (You also have the option of selecting a Channel Pack.) Click Add.
  10. The channel will be added to your cart. From here you can select another channel or if you are finished with your selection click Proceed to Checkout.
  11. Complete the order form with name, confirmation of address, phone and email and other additional information and click Submit my order.

Related: How to manage your account using My Shaw, Shaw TV Services FAQs

Pick and Pay FAQs

Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about Shaw Pick and Pay.

When does Pick and Pay begin?

Pick and Pay is available as of November 2016 for Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct customers.

Do I need to change my existing package in order to add pick-and-pay channels?

No all pre-existing packaging have been maintained and there is no need for current customers to make any changes to their current subscription.  

Do I need a Rogers (formerly Shaw) TV plan to order individual channels?

Yes, at this time customers must have Limited TV or Total TV plan to take advantage of Pick and Pay channels.

What channels are available with Pick and Pay?

Over 180 channels are available as part of our Pick and Pay offerings. Visit Shaw.ca for a list of channels available as part of the Pick and Pay offerings.

Are all channels available with Pick and Play?

No. Some channels are part of what is called a Multiplexed Channel which are only offered in groups. Premium and Multiplex channels not included as part of Pick and Pay include:

• Crave + Movies + HBO
  • Super Channel
  • Multicultural
  • NFL Sunday Ticket
  • NHL Centre Ice

*Channels subject to change.

One-time events and PPV orders are also not part of Pick and Pay. See How to order PPV events for more.

Can I subscribe to just HBO?
No, unfortunately, HBO is part of a Multiplexed Channel, which are groups of channels that are offered as a single package by the owners (such as Crave, Super Channel, etc.).

How much do individual channels cost?

Most specialty channels are available for either $4 or $6 per month.

Is Pick and Pay cheaper than my existing TV package?

It depends on your current package and TV plan that you are on. Some plans are retired based on old service offerings that may no longer be available. Depending on your viewing needs a Rogers (legacy Shaw) TV plan may still be the best option for your needs.

If I order a channel that is offered in High Definition, does it include the Standard Definition (SD) version as well? 

Yes (if there is an SD version available).

Why are some Pick and Pay channels more expensive than others?

• Channel costs are determined by the negotiated rate with the provider, which is different on a channel-by-channel basis.
  • We are committed to offering our customers the most choice possible while staying within the regulatory framework and parameters set by content owners.

Why are some channels more expensive individually than when offered in a bundle?

• In general, broadcasters usually prefer for their channels to be bundled with other channels because it makes them available in more homes and therefore allows them to sell advertising time at a higher rate.
  • As such, the rates that are negotiated between the broadcaster and distributor generally incentivize bundled availability.
  • We are committed to offering our customers the most choice possible while staying within the regulatory framework and parameters set by content owners. The decision to offer a channel at a higher rate individually than in a bundle is not taken lightly and every attempt has been made to avoid this scenario wherever possible.

Labels (1)
TALK TO US
We're here to help