Error messages which appear when you are trying to access Shaw On Demand or not being able to access your chosen content in Shaw On Demand may be due to one of the following factors:
Resolving the Issue
- Locate and unplug the power cable on your Digital Box
- Wait 30 seconds
- Plug the power back into the Digital Box
- Wait approximately 10-15 minutes for the Interactive Guide (including Shaw On Demand) to be restored
- Press the ON DEMAND button
- If you still receive an error code, please refer to Solution 3
- These error codes indicate an account-related issue. Please contact one of our customer support representatives to further investigate
- Contact Us
- Error occurs when Digital Box is attempting to stream MPEG4 High Definition (HD) content in an area that is not yet MPEG4 compatible. This issue typically occurs when you have ordered HD content through the online store (found at: vod.shaw.ca) for streaming through your Digital Box, then stopped the content and attempted to resume it at a later time.
- Solution: Please contact Shaw Technical Support through chat, email or phone for additional assistance (found at: Contact Us)
If you are using the Shaw Gateway system to access Shaw On Demand, please refer to Resetting Your Shaw Gateway System. Otherwise, please perform the following steps:
- Unplug the power plug from your Digital Box
- Identify the coaxial cable which connects the Digital Box to the cable outlet at the wall. Remove the coaxial cable from the rear of your Digital Box as well as at the cable outlet
- Reconnect the coaxial cable connections at the back of your Digital Box and at the wall outlet if this has been removed
- Plug in the power to your Digital Box
- Wait 15-20 minutes for the Guide information and Shaw On Demand to load
- Please note: during this time, you may see that the Guide will display To Be Announced; this is normal, and the Guide information will populate gradually over time if a proper cable connection has been established
- Press the ON DEMAND button
If the issue persists and you have:
- More than one Digital Box Affected: Please check whether other Digital Boxes in the home are also affected. If all of the Digital Boxes are experiencing the same issue, or if there is only one Digital Box in the home in total and you are unable to access Shaw On Demand, please contact one of our technical support representatives to further investigate. Additionally, if you are able to view channel 999, please take note of the number being displayed in the bottom right hand side of your screen and give this number to the support representative if asked.
- Only One Digital Box is Affected: If you have a spare coaxial cable, unplug the power to the Digital Box, replace the coaxial cable connection from the Digital Box to the wall outlet and plug the power back in after 30 seconds. Also, if you are able to view channel 999, please take note of the number being displayed in the bottom right hand side of your screen and give this number to the support representative if asked.
Common error codes relating to a poor signal start with 33xxx. When you tune to channel 999, you may also see a black screen or error message such as: One Moment Please: this channel should be available shortly (please refer to: One Moment Please Error (Ref Code: s0a00) if this is the case).
Other symptoms of a poor signal include missing TV channels, or your Digital Box displaying To Be Announced on the guide. Please follow Solution 3 for resolution steps.
If you are able to access the Shaw On Demand menu, but receive an error when attempting to order or playback a specific title, the title may not have uploaded successfully to the local server in your area. If you have a premium movie subscription such as Movie Central or Super Channel, attempt to order another title within your subscription and check to see whether you are able to playback the content. If you are able to playback other content, there may be a specific issue with the original title you were attempting to access. Please contact one of our support representatives if this is the case. Contact Us
Specific models of Digital Boxes are unable to access Shaw On Demand. You may receive an error message when trying to access Shaw On Demand which states: VOD ordering has been disabled in your DCT. These models include:
If you are using this model, you can continue to use the Digital Box for cable TV services; however, the Shaw On Demand functionality is disabled. You can request a Digital Box which is able to access Shaw On Demand through one of our customer support representatives.
Specific cities within the Shaw serviceable area are unable to access Shaw On Demand. If this describes you, we do apologize that the service is not yet available in your area. You can alternatively order premium movie titles through our Pay Per View service by selecting PPV from the Interactive Guide on your Digital Box. To confirm whether Shaw On Demand is available in your area, please contact one of our customer support representatives. Contact Us
If there is an issue with your account, VOD Error Code: 22474 or 22484 will appear on your screen when attempting to access Shaw On Demand. Please contact one of our representatives if this is the case to further investigate.