How to Connect to a Shaw Go WiFi Hotspot

Document created by shaw-fraser on Jun 5, 2012Last modified by shaw-jody on Feb 20, 2017
Version 107Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Shaw Go WiFi provides you with a Shaw Internet experience beyond the home.

As a Shaw Internet customer, you can access a huge network of super-fast WiFi locations all over your city for no additional cost. So you can stay connected, whether you're sipping a latte, waiting for a train, or even working out at the gym. Once you register your mobile devices on Shaw Go WiFi, they will connect automatically every time you enter a Shaw Go WiFi hotspot.

How can we help with your Shaw Go WiFi?

How to connect

Log in once and your device will automatically connect every time you enter a Shaw Go WiFi hotspot. There are multiple ways to connect and start using Shaw Go WiFi today. 

To connect to Shaw Go WiFi, select one of the following:

Register with a Shaw Email

Register without a Shaw Email

Passcode

I have a Shaw Email 

Connect without Email

I have an Access Code

How to manage Shaw Go WiFi

Depending on your Internet service with Shaw, you can register your device(s) to auto-connect between 3 and 10 devices. Once your devices are registered, you can manually add, remove, or rename them using the Internet Tab on My Account.

Learn more at Manage Shaw Go WiFi devices in My Account  

Related: Shaw Account Settings (My Account) 

Troubleshooting and FAQ
Shaw Go WiFi provides you with a Shaw Internet experience beyond the home allowing you to get online anytime you are in a Shaw hotspot. Once you register your mobile devices for Shaw Go WiFi, they will automatically connect every time you enter a Shaw Go WiFi hotspot.

Visit our FAQs in case you are having issues connecting to Shaw Go WiFi.

ShawPasspoint SSID

ShawPasspoint is an improved method for connecting to WiFi hotspots as part of the Wi-Fi Alliance Hotspot 2.0 Specification. The new ShawPasspoint SSID allows for easier registration by installing a profile on your device. This allows you to register for Shaw Go WiFi from any location with an Internet connection, without having to be physically near a hotspot or needing to lookup the MAC address of your device.

View this article for more on the Shawpasspoint SSID.

Related Articles

Attachments

Outcomes