How to Create a New Shaw Email Address in My Account

Version 48

Overview

To create a new Shaw email address, you will need to log into My Account (myaccount.shaw.ca). If you have not registered for My Account, you can learn more here: My Account Registration / Recovery. If you are creating a new account from home, you will be asked to provide your phone number. If you are outside the home (for example: at your office) you will be required to provide your Shaw account number, phone number, and postal code. For a brief tutorial on creating an email address within My Account, please watch the video below.

Learn how to Create a New Shaw Email Address in My Account in the video above.

Can't view the video? Click here

How to Create a New Shaw Email Address in My Account

Once you have your My Account username and password, you can log in and follow the steps below to create a new Shaw email address.

1. Sign in to My Account
    2. Select My Profile from the left side navigation pane
    3. Scroll down the page to Email and Webspace
    4. Select Create Email Address

1. Enter the following information:
        • First name
        • Last name
        • Username: usernames must start with a letter, and not a number or symbol
        • Password: your desired password. See requirements here: Email Password Requirements
        • Re-enter your password for verification
    2. If you would like to sign up for Webspace with your new Shaw email account, place a check mark in the box next to Create Webspace
    3. Select Submit

If the username you have selected is available and the information has been entered correctly, you should see a confirmation that Your new email address is created.

Visit wm.shaw.ca to sign in to your email account and begin sending and receiving messages. Alternatively, refer to Email Setup for instructions on how to set up your email account on an email application (for example: Apple Mail, Outlook, Windows Live Mail) or mobile device (for example: iPhone, Android device).

Related Articles

Email Setup

Webspace FAQ

My Account Registration / Recovery

Visit the Internet Forum >