This page will cover all of the steps required to create a new @shaw.ca email account in your personal My Account (myaccount.shaw.ca) profile. If you have not yet registered to use Shaw “My Account”, click on the following link to learn how to register: Shaw Account Settings (My Account).
If you are accessing Shaw “My Account” from your home, you will be asked to provide your phone number. If you are accessing Shaw “My Account” from outside of your home, you will be required to provide the following criteria:
- Your Shaw Account Number
- Phone number registered on your Shaw Account
- Postal Code
Learn how to Create a New Shaw Email Account in My Account in the video above.
How to Create a New @shaw.ca email Account using My Account
Once you have registered for My Account and have successfully logged into your account, you may create a new Shaw email account by following these simple steps:
Scroll down until you reach the @Shaw Email Accounts section
Click on Create Email Address.You may create up to 10 unique email accounts
- Once on the "Manage your @shaw.ca email accounts here" section, enter the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Username: Usernames must begin with a letter. Numbers or symbols will not be accepted as a first character
- Requires a minimum of 3 characters
- Cannot use the following characters: / \ & ‘ “ ? | , +
- Password: Input a password of your choice. See requirements here: Password Requirements for My Account and @shaw.ca Email Accounts
- Re-enter your password for verification
Click on Submit
If the username you have chosen is available and the information has been entered correctly, you should see a confirmation that "Your new email address is created." Visit wm.shaw.ca to access your @shaw.ca e-mail account in order to begin sending and receiving messages.
Alternatively, please refer to the Email Setup page for instructions on how to set-up your email account on an email application such as Apple Mail, Windows Live Mail, or a mobile device like an iPhone or Android device.
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the Internet forum.