To create a new Shaw email address, you will need to log into your Customer Centre account at secure.shaw.ca. If you do not yet have a Customer Centre account, you can learn how to create one here: Customer Centre Registration / My Account. If you are creating a new account from home, you will be asked to provide your phone number. If you are outside the home (e.g. at your office) you will be required to provide your Shaw account number, phone number and postal code.
Video: How to Create a Shaw Email Address
Video not displaying properly in Internet Explorer? Click here
Once you have setup a Customer Centre account, you can perform the following steps to create a new Shaw email address:
- Log into your Customer Centre account located at http://secure.shaw.ca/
- Select Internet from the left-side menu
- Select Manage Email and Webspace
- Select Create Email Address
- Enter in the following information:
- First Name: Your first name
- Last Name: Your last name
- User Name: Enter the desired user name for your email address. Usernames must start with a letter, and not a number of symbol
- Password: Enter your password. See requirements here: Email Password Requirements
- Re-enter your password for verification
- If you would like to sign up for a Webspace with your email account, place a check mark in the box next to Create Webspace
- Select Submit
If the user name you have selected is available and the information has been entered correctly, you should see a confirmation that Your new email address is created.
Visit Webmail to log in to your email account and begin sending and receiving messages. Alternatively, refer to Email Setup for instructions on how to set up your email account on an email application (e.g. Apple Mail, Outlook, Windows Live Mail) or mobile device (e.g. iPhone, Android device).