Learn how to import or export your email contact lists, calendar, or account in Shaw Webmail. If you need support for importing one of these lists into a third party program such as Outlook, Windows Live or Mac Mail you will need to consult that specific product documentation for instructions on how to import/export.
Back to top
Exporting contacts, calendars, or accounts
To start, visit Shaw Webmail and log in using your email and password. (If needed see: How to change your email password). You should now see your email inbox.
- Along the toolbar in the top right corner of the screen, click Preferences
- From the menu on the left of the new screen, choose Import/Export
- Under the Export banner, select the type of file that you would like to export (Contact, Calendar or Account)
- Account: Click the Advanced settings check box to select the data types (Mail, Contacts, Calendar or Briefcase) that you would like to export, then choose a date range. You can also enter a search filter or select "Only export content files, exclude meta data" to further narrow down the items that will be exported. This resource will be exported as a .tgz file
- Calendar: Select the calendar that you would like to export. This resource will be exported as a .ics file
- Contact: Select the destination program (list below) as well as the source (contacts or emailed contacts). This resource will be exported as CSV file (click image to enlarge)
- Select Export
- Choose the destination folder and press OK or Save to finish exporting. By default, this file will be exported to your Downloads folder.
Did You Know
If you are exporting your Calendar, Contact or Account information to a third party program (Windows Live, Outlook, Mac Mail etc.) you will need to consult the product documentation (for those products) for specific instructions on how to import this data.
Back to top