BlueSky TV: How to disable parental controls using My Shaw

Document created by shaw-jody on Feb 20, 2017Last modified by shaw-alex on Jul 26, 2017
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Learn how to disable parental controls on your BlueSky TV box or portal using the My Shaw website. This can be useful if you've forgotten your PIN and are unable to reset it using the BlueSky TV menu.

Did You Know

Parental control settings are unique to each digital box in the home. Disabling parental controls via My Shaw will also disable your Purchase PIN on the BlueSky TV box in which you are disabling parental controls on.

Disabling parental controls using My Shaw

To disable parental controls using My Shaw:

1. Log in to My Shaw at https://my.shaw.ca.
  2. Choose TV from the menu on the left. My Shaw TV Settings
  3. Scroll down to the BlueSky TV section.
  4. Select Manage beside the digital box for which you'd like to disable parental controls. My Shaw > BlueSky TV Options
  5. Options to disable all Parental Controls or your Purchase PIN will be displayed. My Shaw > Disable Parental Control Options for BlueSky TV
  6. Beside the Parental Controls option select Disable.
  7. A confirmation prompt will be displayed. My Shaw > Disable Parental Controls Confirmation
  8. Select Yes, disable to confirm your selection. 
  9. A green banner will appear indicating that you've successfully disabled parental controls. My Shaw > BlueSky TV: Disabled Parental Controls Success

Related Articles

Attachments

Outcomes