Learn how to remove McAfee Internet Security software from your computer.
This article provides insight on:
Quick steps to remove McAfee Internet Security
Full steps to remove Internet Security
Quick steps to remove McAfee Internet Security software
- Navigate to your Uninstall Program or Add/Remove Programs menu
- Select the McAfee Internet Security program from the list
- Select the option to remove McAfee Internet Security
- Restart your computer once the uninstall is complete
Back to Top
Full steps to remove McAfee Internet Security software
Here is the more in-depth method for removing McAfee Internet Security software from your computer.
- Go to your Control Panel (found in the Start menu)
- From the Control Panel, click Programs and Feature
- In Programs and Features, right-click McAfee SecurityCenter and choose Uninstall/Change
- A new window will appear. Click the check boxes beside McAfee SecurityCenter and, if desired, Remove all files, and then click Remove.
- If you still have an active subscription to McAfee Internet Security (McAfee SecurityCenter), you will now receive a warning. If you wish to continue just click Remove. If not, click Cancel.
- McAfee Internet Security (McAfee SecurityCenter) will now be uninstalled. Once the removal is completed you will be prompted to restart your computer. When ready, restart your computer to complete the removal.
Once your computer has restarted you will have successfully removed McAfee Internet Security (McAfee SecurityCenter)
Back to Top