Note: On July 11, 2023, we are discontinuing new downloads and installations of McAfee Internet Security. If you already have Internet Security installed as part of your Shaw Internet subscription, you may continue to use it. Visit Shaw Network Security and McAfee offerings being discontinued to learn more.

McAfee Internet Security is a complete virus and online protection suite provided free of charge to Shaw customers using Windows computers.

Before you start

Before installing McAfee Internet Security, remove any existing antivirus apps from your computer. If you have an old version of Shaw Secure (Powered by F-Secure) the installation process below will automatically remove it for you. If you are using a third-party antivirus app like Norton AntiVirus or Microsoft Security Essentials, visit the app publisher's support website for uninstallation instructions.

How to install McAfee Internet Security

To install McAfee Internet Security:

1. Visit https://my.shaw.ca.
  2. Sign in to your My Shaw account.
  3. Click My Services and select Internet.
  4. Scroll down to McAfee Internet Security and click Free Download.
  5. In the subscription window, enter your first name, last name, and email address.
    • If you previously registered for McAfee Internet Security, the button will say Re-download, and you can skip to Step 7. 
  6. Click Subscribe.
  7. On the confirmation screen, click Download.

The McAfee website will open in a browser window. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your installation. You will see an "Installation Complete" message when finished.

Troubleshooting Tips

if you are having issues installing McAfee Internet security try these troubleshooting tips:

• If you receive the error message "A system error has occurred. Please try again", restart your web browser and repeat the above steps again.
  • The serial number that displays on-screen is only valid for a short period of time and is unique to your installation.
  • if you are still having issues, visit McAfee's support content on installation issues for additional troubleshooting tips.

Labels (1)
TALK TO US
We're here to help