BlueSky TV Power Preferences options overview

Document created by shaw-jody on Feb 27, 2017Last modified by shaw-jody on Mar 23, 2017
Version 8Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The Power Saver feature allows you to set energy savings mode and restart options that help conserve the amount of energy being used by your cable box. Learn how to manage Power Preferences and how to use the Power Saver option in BlueSky TV to reduce the amount of energy your BlueSky TV digital box uses.

Did You Know

You can use the voice remote to say “Device Settings” and navigate to Power Preferences to quickly change the Power Saver settings of your BlueSky TV box.

Power Preferences

You can get your BlueSky TV box to automatically go into Power Saver mode by setting a timer for power savings feature through Power Preferences in Device Settings.

1. Press the Shaw button on the remote control.
  2. Use the arrow buttons to highlight Settings (the gear icon). Press OKBlueSky TV > Menu > Settings
  3. Use the down arrow to highlight Device Settings and press OK.

Device Settings
  4. Use the down arrow button to highlight Power Preferences and press OK.

Power Prefences
  5. You will have 3 options to choose from:
    • Power Saver Starts After: toggle on or off. Power Saver options include:
      • Off
      • 1 hour
      • 2 hours
      • 4 hours
      • 6 hours
      • 8 hours
        Power Saver Start Options
    • Start Power Saver Now will power down your BlueSky TV box. You will be presented with a confirmation screen. 

Power Saver
      • Restart – after you click this option you will be presented with a confirmation screen:

Restart Power Saver Options
  6. Press Exit to return to programming.

Once your BlueSky TV box enters Power Saver mode, you can bring it back to full power mode by pressing any button on your remote control.

Power Saver FAQs

Here is some additional insight on the Power Saver feature of BlueSky TV from frequently asked questions.

Will my recordings still work if my BlueSky TV box is in Power Saver mode?
Yes, Power Saver will not impact the core background services provided by your TV box such as recording your favourite TV programs or sporting events.

How much energy will be saved by using the Power Saver feature?
Your energy consumption and energy savings depend on how much time your BlueSky TV device is in Power Saver mode and what power-saving activities are going on in the background (such as scheduled recordings).

Should I turn my BlueSky TV box off when I am finished watching TV?
Yes, power savings depend on how much time the device is in Power Saver mode. It is recommended that to maximize your savings, always put your BlueSky TV box in Power Saver mode.

How come my remote control won’t turn off my BlueSky TV box?
This feature was disabled to address issues that our customers had with keeping their TV and TV box power synchronized. Due to the fact that the remote communicates with the TV and TV box using different signaling technologies, one device would sometimes get turned off while the other was turned on. While disabling the Off button on the remote control isn't ideal, we are looking into options to address this issue. In the meantime, you can turn the TV box off using the Power button in its front panel.

BlueSky TV PVR Front

Related Articles

Attachments

Outcomes