Shaw Billing FAQs

Document created by shaw-jody on Mar 2, 2017Last modified by shaw-colin on Oct 17, 2018
Version 17Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Learn about your Shaw bill, including how to check your account balance, setting up eBill and other frequently asked questions.

This article provides insight into:

Did You Know

The quickest and easiest way to view your current balance and pay your Shaw bill is through My Shaw. Download the My Shaw app today.

Download: My Shaw app for iOS or My Shaw app for Android devices

Your billing cycle

Depending on when you activated your account, your billing cycle may differ from other customers.

Otherwise, customers are billed one month in advance for their Shaw services. Your billing cycle starts on the date your services were activated and ends 30 days later.

When will my bill be ready?
Typically, your bill is either emailed or mailed out on the day that it was created.

When do I pay my bill?
Your due date will appear on the upper left side of your bill. Typically, your due date will be 30 days from your invoice date.

How do I pay my bill?

We offer multiple ways to pay your bill. You can pay via My Shaw, the My Shaw app, or telephone banking or in person at your bank. For more information on paying your bill, check out Self Serve Payment Options  for paying your Shaw bill.

Did You Know

You can set up a Shaw ID to ensure that you have a single login for Shaw products such as My Shaw, FreeRange TV, Shaw Go WiFi and more.

Learn More: Shaw ID Overview

Changes in your billing

Why did my bill go up from last month?
There are several explanations for why your balance may have increased, including:

• End of a special offer or introductory rate (check either My Shaw or the “Details of current charges” section of your bill for more details on your current promotions).
  • Addition of On Demand purchases from the previous month.
  • Addition of new services that were added during the previous month, including one-time installation fees.

Why is my balance still showing past due even though I’ve paid my bill?
You may have paid your balance after your bill had already been printed. Your next bill should show that payment. Through My Shaw, you can always check the most up-to-date balance on your account.

Related: Understanding your billing changes

Getting your bill

How do I get my bill?

Your bill can be either physically mailed to you or, though eBill, emailed directly to you. For more information on eBill, check out our article eBill.

Can I get both a paper bill and eBill?

Once you’ve signed up for eBill, you will no longer received a paper bill once you have signed up for eBill. If you ever need to a copy of a bill, you can access and print any bill from the previous 12 months within My Shaw. For more information, check out our article on How to view past bills.

Why haven’t I received my bill in the mail yet?

Your bill should arrive in the mail approximately 10 business days after it was created and 10 business days before your billing date. Canada Post may also be experiencing disruptions to their service. You can always check your most up-to-date balance through My Shaw.

I’ve signed up for eBill, so why haven’t I received my bill?

You can log into My Shaw to check the status of your eBill registration. Make sure the email listed matches the one you are checking for your bill. If you still have not received your eBill, it may have been mislabeled and sent to your spam or junk folders. If you find your eBill there, make sure to mark it as “Not spam” to avoid this problem in the future.

Related: Learn about Shaw eBill

Related Articles

Attachments

Outcomes