intended Audience: Legacy shaw customers.

Learn about your bill, including how to check your account balance, how to set up your eBill, how to understand your billing cycle with our frequently asked questions.

Did you know: The quickest and easiest way to view your current balance and pay your bill is through My Shaw. Download the My Shaw app today.

Download: My Shaw app for iOS or My Shaw app for Android devices

Getting your bill

How do I get my bill?
You can get paper bills mailed to you or opt-in to eBilling to get them on your email. For more information, check How to subscribe to eBills.

Can I get both a paper bill and eBill?
Once you’ve signed up for eBill, you will no longer receive a paper bill. If ever you need a copy of your bill, you can print them by logging in to your My Shaw account. For additional details see: View a printer-friendly version of your Shaw bill. You can access bills from the previous 24 months. For more information, check How to view past bills.

Why haven’t I received my bill in the mail yet?
Your bill should arrive in the mail approximately 10 business days before your billing date. Do note that this doesn't factor in Canada Post's service disruptions. You can always view your bill and check your up-to-date balance through My Shaw. Sign up for eBill to get immediate notifications of when your bill is ready.

I’ve signed up for eBill, so why haven’t I received my bill?
You can log in to My Shaw to check the status of your eBill registration. Make sure the email listed matches the one you used to subscribe to eBill. If you still have not received your eBill, it may have been mislabeled and sent to your spam or junk folders. If you find your eBill there, make sure to mark it as “Not spam” to avoid this problem in the future.

Where can I get a breakdown of pricing on my bill?
The easiest way to view your bill is through My Shaw. Learn more on how to get a breakdown of pricing on your Shaw bill.

How do I find my account number?
You can find your account number by logging into My Shaw or by looking at the Your Account section on your actual bill.

Related: Learn about Shaw eBills

Your billing cycle

Your billing cycle is based on when you activated your account.

Otherwise, customers are billed one month in advance for their Shaw services. Your billing cycle starts on the date your services were activated and ends 30 days later.

When will my bill be ready?
Typically, your bill is either emailed or mailed out on the day that it was created.

When do I pay my bill?
Your due date will appear on the upper left side of your bill. Typically, your due date will be 30 days from your invoice date.

How do I pay my bill?
We offer multiple ways to pay your bill. You can pay via My Shaw, the My Shaw app, telephone/online banking or in person at your bank. For more payment options, check out Self Serve Payment Options.

Did you know: Setting up a Shaw ID gives you a single login for Shaw products such as My Shaw, BlueCurve TV app, Shaw Go WiFi and more.

Learn more: Shaw ID Overview

Changes in your billing

Made a change to your account recently? Learn how to better understand transfer of balance, payments and changes made since your previous invoice on your current bill.

Why did my bill go up from last month?
There are several explanations for why your balance may have increased, including:

• End of a special offer or introductory rate (check either My Shaw or the “Details of current charges” section of your bill for more details on your current promotions).
  • Addition of On Demand purchases from the previous month.
  • Addition of new services that were added during the previous month, including one-time installation fees.
  • Package changes and upgrades during your billing cycle can generate prorated amounts.

Why is my balance still showing past due even though I’ve paid my bill?
You may have paid your balance after your bill had already been printed. Your next bill should show that payment. Through My Shaw, you can always check the most up-to-date balance on your account.

Related: Understanding your billing changes, How do I check my current account balance?

Additional FAQs

How can I get a previous bill?
The quickest and easiest way to see your previous bills is through My Shaw. Once logged into My Shaw, click My Bills from the top navigation and scroll down to Account history.  From here you can filter by year to access previous bills. Simply click View bill by the month of the bill that you would like to view.

my-shaw-web-bill-history.png

How do I request a payment extension?

The payment extension option is only presented to eligible customers. If your account is up-to-date you will not see this option. If this option is available, you can click the Request a payment extension link from the banner or pop-up option presented.

How do I sign up for the My Shaw app?
Just download the My Shaw app from your respective app store. My Shaw app for iOS, My Shaw app for Android.

Labels (1)
TALK TO US
We're here to help