BlueSky Billing: How advance billing works

Document created by shaw-alex on Mar 8, 2017Last modified by shaw-jamess on Mar 31, 2017
Version 30Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Advance Billing for Existing Customers

Customers who add BlueSky TV to their Shaw services will experience changes to their account, billing cycle and monthly billing format. Some of these changes may include moving to Advance billing. Learn more about how Advance billing works and about how your billing cycle is shown on your monthly bill.

Advance billing video

This video explains the billing process for a Shaw customer subscribing to BlueSky TV and its associated Advance billing process.

Advance Customer BlueSky TV Billing | Support & How To – BlueSky TV | Shaw

How advance billing works

You pay for your Shaw services at the Start of the Billing cycle, also known as Advance Billing. Current customers who install BlueSky TV may experience changes to their monthly bill because BlueSky TV customers are billed one month in advance. This means that your first post-installation bill will represent two full months of service from your installation date.

After your first post-installation bill, your regular billing cycle begins. Your billing cycle is the recurring monthly time period during which you are charged for your Shaw services. It runs for one month, starting and ending on your monthly bill date (which was based on your installation date).

For example, if you had services installed on the March 22, your billing cycle will be from the 22nd to the 21st of the next month.

Related: New Customer Billing, End of Cycle Billing

Changes to your billing cycle and due date

When BlueSky TV is installed, a new bill is created that changes the start and end dates of your billing cycle and results in a new bill due date. This means that your first post-installation bill will:

• Cover two full months of service from your installation date.
  • Include any existing balance or credit from the previous bill (listed as "Balance Carried Forward" on your bill). 

Your subsequent bills will include a standard single month of services, billed in advance.

When BlueSky TV is installed, a new bill is generated, exactly like that of a new customer, and any outstanding balance or credits from the previous bill will be transferred to the new bill.

Your first BlueSky TV bill will be broken down into two sections on the Details of Your Current Charges page.

Changes Since Your Previous Invoice will show the first month of billing. This is service that you had installed before your BlueSky TV was set up.

Current Monthly Services (Date to Date) represents your next full month of charges due to advance billing — the one you will pay for at the start of your next bill.

Together, these are combined to show two months of service. The month you are currently on and the following month, billed in advance.

Receiving a bill with a zero-dollar balance

You will also receive a Final Invoice with a zero-dollar balance. This is a normal part of the billing cycle transfer and simply represents the closing balance of your pre-BlueSky TV Shaw account.

Zero Balance Bill

Transfer of balance

You may see a Transfer of Balance charge placed on your account. This reflects any outstanding balance carried forward from your previous services.

Transfer of Balance

You may receive either a credit or debit on your account based on your last payment. The example above shows a customer that switched to BlueSky TV part way through the month. This balance is carried over to their first BlueSky TV bill.

Billing FAQs

What is a billing cycle?

Your billing cycle is the recurring monthly time period during which you are charged for your Shaw services. It runs for one month, starting and ending on your monthly bill date. For example, if you had services installed on the 14th of the month, your billing cycle will be from the 14th to the 13th of the next month.

Why is my first Shaw bill so high?

Most of our service areas are billed one month in advance, so the first bill you receive will represent two months of services. For example, if your services started on June 1, the bill will cover services for both June and July. Your following bills will show only one month of services.

How can I print my Shaw eBill?

You can print your eBill through the My Bills section in My Account. You can also use this option to download and save your eBill.

What happens when I order a Pay-Per-View event (or additional services) after my bill is printed?

Additional service charges added to your account will reflect on the next bill.

Related Articles

Attachments

Outcomes