BlueSky Billing: Moving to a new billing cycle

Document created by shaw-alex on Mar 8, 2017Last modified by shaw-jamess on Mar 31, 2017
Version 29Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

End of Cycle Billing for Existing Customers

Customers moving from an existing account to BlueSky TV will experience a few changes to their account and billing cycle. 

End of cycle billing video

This video explains the billing process for a Shaw customer moving from End of Cycle billing to the Advance billing process for BlueSky TV.

End of Cycle Customer BlueSky TV Billing | Support & How To – BlueSky TV | Shaw

How your billing cycle works

Your billing cycle is the recurring monthly time period during which you are charged for your Shaw services. It runs for one month, starting and ending on your monthly bill date.

For example, if you had services installed on the March 22, your billing cycle will be from the 22nd to the 21st of the next month.

Changes to your billing cycle

When BlueSky TV is installed, a new bill is generated, exactly like that of a new customer, and any outstanding balance or credits from the previous bill will be transferred to the new bill.

Three Month Billing

Your first BlueSky TV bill will be broken down into two sections on the Details of Your Current Charges page.

Changes Since Your Previous Invoice will show the first month of billing. This is service that you had installed when your BlueSky TV was set up.

Current Monthly Services (Date to Date) will show the Advance Bill — the one you will pay for at the start of your next bill.

Together, these are combined to show two months of service. The month you are currently on, and the first month of Advance billing.

Receiving a zero balance

You will also receive a Final Invoice with a zero-dollar balance. This is a normal part of the billing cycle transfer and simply represents the closing balance of your pre-BlueSky TV Shaw account.

Transfer of balance

You may see a Transfer of Balance charge placed on your account. This reflects any outstanding balance carried forward from your previous services.

You may receive either a credit or debit on your account based on your last payment. The example above shows a customer that switched to BlueSky TV part way through the month. This balance is carried over to their first BlueSky TV bill.

Billing FAQs

What is a billing cycle?

Your billing cycle is the recurring monthly time period during which you are charged for your Shaw services. It runs for one month, starting and ending on your monthly bill date. For example, if you had services installed on the 14th of the month, your billing cycle will be from the 14th to the 13th of the next month.

Can I keep my same billing cycle?

If the installation date is set for the same date as your billing cycle, it won't change.

If you already have BlueSky TV installed and would like to change your billing cycle date, contact a customer service representative.

Why did my automatic withdraw still come out for my previous account?

If you switch to BlueSky within 10 days of your next billing cycle you may still see a payment taken on your regular billing date, this credit will be transferred to your new BlueSky account and should reflect on your next invoice.

Why is my account closing but my account number isn’t changing?

Our BlueSky billing system is a brand new platform and requires us to re-create your account inside of this new system.  This system brings a lot of new and exciting possibilities to Shaw. Thankfully, we are able to transition your account number to the new system to make the change as smooth as possible.

Why is my first Shaw bill so high?

Most of our service areas are billed one month in advance, so the first bill you receive will represent two months of services. For example, if your services started on June 1, the bill will cover services for both June and July. Your following bills will show only one month of services. Learn more about understanding your first Shaw bill.

What happens when I order a Pay-Per-View event after my bill is printed?

Additional service charges added to your account will reflect on the next bill.

How can I print my Shaw eBill?

You can print your eBill through the My Bills section in My Account. You can also use this option to download and save your eBill.

Related Articles

Attachments

Outcomes