Shaw On Demand gives you access to movie titles, sports features and TV episodes which you can order and watch instantly through your Digital Box or online at http://vod.shaw.ca. When you order from Shaw On Demand, you can watch a title as often as you like, until the order has expired. You will need to be a Shaw Television subscriber with either Digital or HDTV programming to be able to access and view the selections within the Shaw On Demand library.
On This Page
The main features of Shaw On Demand include but are not limited to the following:
Access to an extensive library of movie titles, sports features and TV episodes 24/7
Ability to watch titles instantly on your Digital Box or watch a selection of titles online at http://vod.shaw.ca, these can be streamed to your computer
Pause, Rewind and Fast Forward, just as you would with a DVD
Watch a title as many times as you like until the order has expired (normally a 24-48 hour time frame which begins the moment that the title is ordered)
Wishlists that allow you to compile a list of your favorite choices and decide later which you would like to order
|Subscription Video On Demand: pay a low monthly fee which gives you unlimited access to any of the featured selections. Shaw offers Subscription VOD services including Movie Central On Demand, Super Channel On Demand, Anime Network On Demand, Aux TV and Movie Club|
To order a title in Shaw On Demand, you need Shaw-authorized digital or high-definition hardware and programming to access the content, if it is available in your area. To access streaming content online at http://vod.shaw.ca, you must also have an @Shaw.ca email address and subscribe to one of Shaw Television's digital or high-definition TV plans.
For further instructions on how to place an order in Shaw On Demand, please refer to: Ordering a title in Shaw On Demand
Whenever you come across a title in Shaw On Demand that you are interested in watching at a later date, press the FAV (Favourites) button on your Shaw Remote to add the title to your Wishlist. This allows you to compile a list of your choices and decide later whether you would like to order them.
To access your Wishlist:
- Press the ON DEMAND button
- Press the DOWN arrow until Wishlist is highlighted and press OK
- To remove a title from the Wishlist:
- To order a title from the Wishlist:
Your Digital Box has a limit of 50 titles that can be displayed in the Wishlist. When viewing online on vod.shaw.ca there is a display limit of 42 titles.
By configuring the Settings on your Digital Box, you can:
- Restrict access to Shaw On Demand
- Require a PIN to make purchases through Shaw On Demand and Pay Per View
To configure Parental Controls on your Digital Box, please perform the initial setup below:
- Press MENU/SETTINGS twice on your Shaw Remote to display the Main Menu in a full screen
- Press the DOWN arrow until you reach Setup
- Press OK
- Navigate to the Parental Control Setup option using the ARROW buttons
- Press OK
- Enter a 4-digit PIN of your choice. This is the PIN that will be required to be able to make changes to the Parental Control Setup in the future
- Enter the PIN again to confirm
- To restrict access to Shaw On Demand and require a PIN to enter:
- Select Service Locks and press OK
- Press OK to apply a lock to Video On Demand; a padlock icon should appear
- Press the LAST button to return to the previous screen
- To require a PIN to make purchases through Shaw On Demand and Pay Per View:
- Press the EXIT button to finish the setup
Please note: If you have more than one Digital Box in the home, you will need to configure each box separately to apply the Parental Control Locks
For more Parental Control options such as TV Rating Locks or Movie Rating Locks, please refer to: Classic Guide - Parental Controls.
To exit Shaw On Demand on your Digital Box:
- Press the EXIT button on your Shaw Remote
- Ensure that Yes is highlighted, if it is not, use the ARROW buttons on your remote to highlight Yes
- Press OK
Alternatively, simply press the EXIT button twice to exit Shaw On Demand.
What is the difference between Shaw On Demand and Pay Per View?
Shaw On Demand allows you to order a title any time you want, and gives you a 24-48 hour time frame (depending on the title) to enjoy your order. The time frame starts the moment you place your order. During that time frame, you can Pause, Play, Rewind, or even shut off your Digital Box and come back to watch it later, provided that the time frame for your order has not expired. Pay Per View does not have this time frame options, however, it is an ideal choice for watching live events such as UFC or WWE as well as other new-release movie titles that only start at scheduled times and can be watched only at the time they are being broadcast.
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the TV forum.