Starting August 1, 2017, rates will increase on select residential Internet, TV and Phone plans. Customers will receive advanced notification of the rate change through their monthly invoice.
Canadians are using the Internet more and viewing more TV shows and movies on more devices than ever before. As a leading communications provider, we are committed to giving our customers more access to the leading content and technology they want—now and into the future.
Please see answers to common questions below.
Why are my rates going up?
- We increase our rates so that we can continue to provide our customers with access to the quality products and services they value most while introducing new experiences and technology that will address their current and future connectivity and content needs.
By how much are rates increasing?
When will this rate adjustment take effect?
When were customers notified of this rate increase?
- We began sending our customers advance bill messaging starting June 1, 2017. We have also posted information about the changes on Shaw.ca.
How do I ensure I’m getting the best value out of my services?
- We are committed to offering a wide variety of affordable bundle options to meet our customers’ needs.
- Check out Shaw.ca to compare your current services to our other available service options.
- Contact us to review your packaging to ensure you have the bundle that will provide you with the best value and best experience.
Is the CRTC involved in regulating Shaw service rates?
- The CRTC is not involved in the setting of Shaw rates. Shaw is solely accountable for any and all changes made to our pricing.
How are you planning to enhance your products and services with these funds?
- Along with investing in our network to ensure that our customers have access to the reliable Internet infrastructure they expect, as more people connect with more devices, more often, we plan to invest in the development of exciting new technology, including industry-leading next-generation video services and plans that provide higher Internet speeds at affordable prices.
How can you justify increasing our rates given the current economic climate?
- We are aware of how the average Canadian family is affected by the current economic environment and are committed to offering affordable bundles and services.
- This rate adjustment is due to both rising operational costs and investing in our network and technology advancements to ensure that we continue to meet the growing needs and expectations of our customers.
- We are committed to working with each of our customers, on a one-on-one basis, to review their packaging and ensure that they have a subscription that provides them with the best value and best experience, based on their own unique needs.
Still have questions? Chat with us on social media.
It's fast, easy and convenient, and it's totally a new way to connect with us.