Webmail: How to send an auto-reply (vacation) message

Document created by alyssap on Jun 22, 2012Last modified by shaw-jamesp on Dec 28, 2018
Version 34Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Learn how to set up an auto-reply or vacation message in Shaw Webmail. In Webmail, you have the ability to set up an auto-reply message which sends a reply to anyone who sends you a message (e.g. when you are away for an extended period of time) during a specified time frame.

Set up your auto-reply message in Webmail

The auto-reply message is in plain-text format only, and is sent to each recipient only once, regardless of how many messages that person sends you during the designated vacation period. You can set up the auto-reply in advance and specify the dates during which the message should be sent.

Out of Office auto reply webmail(Click to enlarge)

You can login to your Shaw Webmail account by going to: https://webmail.shaw.ca/.

To set up your auto-reply message:

1. Click on the Preferences tab
  2. Select Out of Office from the list that appears in left-hand column
  3. Select Send auto-reply message
  4. Enter your preferred message into the Auto-Reply Message text box
  5. Optional: Select Time Period and enter a start and end date
    • This setting is optional. If not used, the auto reply message will appear until you disable the auto reply feature
  6. Optional: External Senders
    • This setting is optional. You can set a different message to send to anyone outside my domain (@shaw.ca) or anyone outside my domain except those in my contacts.
    • If this setting is not selected, the first auto-reply message entered will be sent to anyone who emails you
  7. Click Save in the top left corner.

Example

Here is an example of what an auto-reply might look like. Let's say you set the auto-reply dates for June 22nd-June 26th.  Your message might look like this:

Hi there,

I am away on vacation from June 22nd-June 26th and during this time, access to my email may be limited. I will do my best to respond to your email as soon as possible.

Best regards,

John Smith

Anyone who sends an email to your email address will receive the following message:

Webmail Auto-Reply Email Message Example

Related Articles

Attachments

Outcomes