Webmail: How to send an auto-reply (vacation) message

Document created by alyssap on Jun 22, 2012Last modified by shaw-jody on May 15, 2017
Version 33Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Learn how to set up an auto-reply or vacation message in Shaw Webmail. In Webmail, you have the ability to set up an auto-reply message which sends a reply to anyone who sends you a message (e.g. when you are away for an extended period of time) during a specified time frame.

Set up your auto-reply message in Webmail

The auto-reply message is in plain-text format only, and is sent to each recipient only once, regardless of how many messages that person sends you during the designated vacation period. You can set up the auto-reply in advance and specify the dates during which the message should be sent.

Shaw Webmail > Vacation Auto-Reply

You can login to your Shaw Webmail account by going to: https://webmail.shaw.ca/. To set up your auto-reply message:

1. Select Preferences
  2. Select Mail from the list that appears in left-hand column, then select Receive
  3. Enter a check-mark next to "Send auto-reply message" on this page
  4. Enter your preferred message into the text box
  5. Enter the dates during which the message should be sent as an auto-reply
    • Start On: the date when the message should begin to be sent
    • End On: the date on which your auto-reply will end
  6. Click Save at the top of the page

Example

Here is an example of what an auto-reply might look like. Let's say you set the auto-reply dates for June 22nd-June 26th.  Your message might look like this:

Hi there,

I am away on vacation from June 22nd-June 26th and during this time, access to my email may be limited. I will do my best to respond to your email as soon as possible.

Best regards,

John Smith

Anyone who sends an email to your email address will receive the following message:

Webmail Auto-Reply Email Message Example

Related Articles

Attachments

Outcomes