Webmail 2.0: How to Send an Auto-Reply (Vacation) Message

Document created by alyssap on Jun 22, 2012Last modified by [shaw]bryce on Jun 16, 2016
Version 26Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

In Webmail 2.0, you have the ability to set up an auto-reply message which sends a reply to anyone who sends you a message (e.g. when you are away for an extended period of time) during a specified time frame.

The auto-reply message is in plain-text format only, and is sent to each recipient only once, regardless of how many messages that person sends you during the designated vacation period. You can setup the auto-reply in advance and specify the dates during which the message should be sent.

To set up your auto-reply message:

1. Select Preferences
  2. Select Mail from the list that appears in left-hand column, then select Receive
  3. Enter a check-mark next to "Send auto-reply message" on this page
  4. Enter your preferred message into the text box
  5. Enter the dates during which the message should be sent as an auto-reply
      • Start On: the date when the message should begin to be sent
      • End On: the date on which your auto-reply will end
  6. Click Save at the top of the page

Example:

For example, if you set the auto-reply dates for June 22nd-June 26th and enter the following auto-reply message...

Hi there,

I am away on vacation from June 22nd-June 26th and during this time, access to my email may be limited. I will do my best to respond to your email as soon as possible.

Best regards,

John Smith

...anyone who sends an email to your email address will receive the following message.

Related Articles

Webmail 2.0

Still Need A Little Help?

See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask

your own question, in the Internet forum.

int-forum.png

Attachments

Outcomes