Manage Movie & TV Ratings in My Shaw

Document created by alyssap on Jun 22, 2012Last modified by shaw-alex on Jul 26, 2017
Version 26Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Within My Shaw you can manage your movie and TV ratings for Shaw On Demand online streaming content. This setting will allow you to restrict online access to Shaw On Demand streaming content and prevent the ordering of content with certain ratings through your profile, based on your preferences. You can check out the details section below for a breakdown on how to access these settings.

My Shaw: Manage Ratings for Online Orders

Manage Movie and TV Ratings with My Shaw

When you set up movie and TV rating locks through My Shaw, titles which have been blocked due to their rating will not appear on the online Shaw on Demand streaming service, vod.shaw.ca. This applies to when you have signed into the website using either your My Shaw username and password or any email accounts associated with your Shaw account.

The movie and TV rating locks mentioned here allow you to restrict the content accessible online through vod.shaw.ca only, and does not affect the movie and TV rating locks on your household digital boxes. For instructions on settings up rating locks on your digital boxes, please refer to the following guide: Parental Controls.

Manage Your Movie and TV Ratings:

1. Sign in to My Shaw
  2. Select TV from the left-hand navigation pane
  3. Under Shaw On Demand: Manage Ratings for Online Orders you can select your preferences for both Movie Ratings and TV Ratings
  4. Under Movie Ratings you can select the rating that you would like to block by placing a check mark next to it. All ratings below this in the list will also be blocked. These ratings apply to Shaw On Demand titles online only

Movie Rating Description

General Audiences

Suitable for family viewing

Parental Guidance Suggested

Some material may not be suitable for children

Suitable for Ages 14 or Older

Children under 14 should watch with an adult

Suitable for Ages 18 or Older

Teens under 18 should watch with an adult

Restricted to Adult Viewing

Some or all of the subject matter or individual scenes are inappropriate for viewing by anyone under 18

Mature Content

Not suitable for all audiences

1. Under Television Ratings, select the rating that you would like to block by placing a check mark next to it. All ratings below this in the list will also be blocked. These ratings apply to Shaw On Demand online TV titles only

TV Rating Description

Suitable for Children Under 8

Programming is intended for young children, paying close attention to themes which could threaten their sense of security and well-being

Suitable for Children Ages 8+

Programming is generally considered acceptable for children eight and over to view on their own. A parent or guardian should watch with them

General Audience

Programming is intended for a broad, general audience. It may not be designed specifically for children but it is suitable for that audience

Parental Guidance

Programming may be intended for a general audience but may not be suitable for younger children. Parents and guardians should be aware some content elements may be considered inappropriate

Suitable for Children Ages 14+

Programming contains elements which may not be suitable for viewers under the age of 14. Parents are strongly cautioned to exercise discretion

Suitable for Viewers Ages 18+

Programming is intended for adults 18 and over. It could contain content elements that is unsuitable for viewers under the age of 18

Related Articles

Parental Controls

My Shaw

Still Need A Little Help?

See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask

your own question, in the TV forum.

tv-forum.png

Attachments

Outcomes