How to Activate/Deactivate Voicemail through My Account

Document created by alyssap on Jun 25, 2012Last modified by shaw-alex on Oct 19, 2016
Version 25Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

By logging into My Account at myaccount.shaw.ca, you can manage your Voicemail settings, including deactivating (turning off) Voicemail. Please note: this feature does not include the ability to add Voicemail to your Shaw account if it is not currently included in your Shaw Home Phone package.

Resolving The Issue

To deactivate Voicemail for your Shaw Home Phone:

1. Visit the My Account at myaccount.shaw.ca and log in using your My Account username and password
  2. Select Phone
  3. Under Voicemail Settings, select Voicemail on/off

Shaw Voicemail Settings

The Shaw Phone Portal

1. Under the Voicemail tab, below the heading Manage your Voicemail, press the button to toggle the switch to OFF

Voicemail will then be deactivated and you will not receive any new messages. The phone will continue to ring until you answer the call instead of forwarding to a Voicemail greeting. Deactivating will not erase your personalized greeting or messages currently in your Voicemail Inbox.

To re-activate Voicemail on your Shaw Home Phone, simply log back into My Account and toggle the switch back to ON.

To learn more about the other Features you are able to configure through My Account, please refer to: Shaw Phone Portal Advanced Settings

Related Articles

My Account Voicemail Access

Still Need A Little Help?

See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask

your own question, in the Phone forum.

phn-forum.png

Attachments

Outcomes