Welcome to the Shaw Support Community. Join now to follow, share and participate in the conversation with Shaw experts and users like you.

Currently Being Moderated

Hardware Information - Motorola DCT6412

Back to Equipment

Back to TV Articles

Motorola DCT6412

The Motorola DCT6412 is a high definition Digital Box with PVR functionality, capable of viewing HD channels, and accessing Video On Demand. In addition to this the DCT6412 is capable of viewing 3D* content in MPEG2 format up to 1080i resolution.The DCT6412 was released in three phases (the differences shown in the table below).

To view in HD: connect an HDMI cable (Phase III model) between your TV and Digital Box for HD picture and audio (HDMI carries both picture and audio). Alternatively, you can connect a component (red, green, blue) cable for video, and an RCA (red, white) cable for audio.

If you do not have an HD TV (i.e. component or HDMI ports are not available on the input panel of your TV): you can use a coaxial (Phase III model), RCA/composite or S-Video cable to connect this Digital Box to a standard definition TV.

Phase IPhase IIPhase III
HDYesYesYes
PVR YesYesYes
Hard Drive Capacity120 GB
120 GB120 GB
Recording Hours (SD/HD)~ 72/14~ 72/14~ 72/14
Tuners222
Video OutputComposite, Component, S-Video, DVIComposite, Component, S-Video, DVICoaxial, Composite, Component, S-Video, HDMI
Audio OutputRCA, Coaxial and Optical SPDIFRCA, Coaxial and Optical SPDIFRCA, Coaxial and Optical SPDIF
Dolby 5.1YesYesYes
eSATA Port (for Expander)NoNoYes
AV Format
MPEG2MPEG2MPEG2
3D CapableYes, supports 3D content in: MPEG2 format up to 1080i resolutionYes, supports 3D content in: MPEG2 format up to 1080i resolutionYes, supports 3D content in: MPEG2 format up to 1080i resolution
Dimensions (W x D x H)44.0cm (17.0in) x 38.0cm (15.0in) x 8.0cm (3.0in)
44.0cm (17.0in) x 38.0cm (15.0in) x 8.0cm (3.0in)44.0cm (17.0in) x 38.0cm (15.0in) x 8.0cm (3.0in)
Serial Number Prefix
GIGIM
IR Tether
NoNoNo
Manufacturer's Documentation

DCT6400 Series User Guide**

*To view 3D content, you will need a 3D-capable HD TV.

**Please note: not all features that may appear in the Manufacturer's Documentation are supported and enabled by Shaw.

Ask a Question in our TV Forum

Back to TV Articles

Delete Document

Are you sure you want to delete this document?