This guide will explain how to set up your Shaw email account using an Exchange (ActiveSync) server and how to set up WiFi on your new iPhone 7 or 7 Plus. Microsoft Exchange is the recommended email setup method for your Shaw email address on your iOS device, but you can also set up your email using POP or IMAP servers.
Click on the relevant links below to read more about iPhone 7 and 7 Plus email setup.
Did You Know?
Microsoft Exchange (ActiveSync) is a convenient way to setup your email and is recommended as an option for users looking to check mail worldwide and from different computers/devices.
Learn More: What email setup is right for me?
Microsoft Exchange email setup
Configure your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus to send and receive emails using a Microsoft Exchange server by following the instructions below. Exchange is the preferred method of email setup as it offers advanced mail handling, synchronization with calendars and contacts, and less confusion for accounts connected to multiple devices.
- Tap Settings from the Home screen
- Tap Mail
- If prompted, tap Accounts to continue
- Tap Add Account
- Select Exchange from the options provided
- Enter the account information:
- Your email address, including the @shaw.ca
- Your password
- A description (optional)
- Tap Next
- Your iPhone will try to find the Exchange server. If prompted, enter the following information for the Incoming Mail Server:
- Email: Shaw email address including @shaw.ca
- Server: wm.shaw.ca
- Domain: Leave as optional
- Username: Shaw email address without @shaw.ca
- Password: Email password
- Description: This is optional and can be left blank
- Tap Next
- Toggle on the options you want to enable to sync with the server:
- Tap Save. The Microsoft Exchange account has now been configured
For additional information on adding an email account to your iPhone, visit Apple support.
Related: Alternative POP and IMAP Settings, Wireless Device email setup guide
Back to top
Follow the steps below to connect to your wireless (WiFi) network on your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus.
- Open Settings from the Home screen
- Tap Wi-Fi
- If necessary, tap the WiFi switch to turn the feature ON (WiFi is enabled if the WiFi switch appears green)
- Your device will display a list of WiFi networks that are available. Tap on the network that you would like to connect to from the available list, then press Join.
- Enter the network password (unless the network is open and requires no password)
- Finally, tap Join
If you are connecting to your home Shaw WiFi network and have a Shaw WiFi modem, you can find the network name (SSID) and password located on the white sticker on the back or bottom of your wireless modem.
Related: How to connect to a Shaw Go WiFi Hotspot
Did You Know?
If you have customized your network name (SSID) and/or password and can no longer remember the login credentials, you will need to restore it to factory settings.
Learn More: Restore your wireless modem to the default settings
Back to top
Here are some tips in the event that you experience password issues when trying to set up your Shaw email on your iPhone.
Security Requirements for Mobile Access: If after setting up your email client you find that you are still unable to send or receive emails from your iPhone/iPad, please ensure that your password meets the minimum security requirements required for mobile access. If your password does not meet these requirements then mail setup will not work. In some situations, your password will work on other devices in the household but may still fail on your smartphone/tablet because of the additional restrictions required to use Shaw Webmail on your mobile device.
In this case, you may have to change your password to meet the security requirements (seen below) and then update this password in any other household devices and programs where it may be saved (for example: Mac Mail, Outlook, Windows Live Mail, smartphone, tablet). Once updated you can proceed to setup your email client again with your new password.
Mobile Access Security Requirements
- a minimum of 6 characters
- at least 1 upper-case letter
- at least 1 lower-case letter
- a special character (e.g. ~!@#$%^&*() )
- a number
- all of the above requirements must be met within the first 8 characters of the password
For more details on password requirements, visit the Password Requirements for My Shaw and @shaw.ca Email Accounts page.
Related: How to update/change your Shaw Webmail password
Back to top
Still have questions? Chat with us on social media.
It's fast, easy and convenient, and it's totally a new way to connect with us.