If you've recently purchased a Digital Box either directly from Shaw or from an authorized retailer, you can activate your Digital Box online by visiting activations.shaw.ca. If you have purchased a Gateway/Portal system you will need to contact a Shaw representative to arrange an install, as this product cannot be activated online (click here for contact information).
Before completing the activation, please have the following items ready:
- Serial Number: Found on the rear of your Digital Box labelled as Host SN or printed below a bar code
- Account Number: Found at the top your monthly Shaw bill
Please Note: If you have purchased a box which uses the new HD Guide (including some DCX3200s and the DCX3510) please see this guide for further instructions: HD Guide - Connecting and Activating Your Digital Box
On This Page
- Screw one end of the included coaxial cable into your wall outlet, and the other end into the Cable In or RF In port on the back of the Digital Box
- Connect the Video/Audio cables to your TV and Digital Box. You may have a few options as to which cables to use, depending on which Digital Box you have purchased. The most common cables used are either HDMI (HD picture) or Composite (standard definition picture)
- Connect the power adapter from the wall power outlet to your Digital Box
- Power on the Digital Box
- Complete the activation online at activations.shaw.ca. Steps will vary based on whether you:
- Go to activations.shaw.ca
- Select I purchased my Digital Hardware directly from Shaw
- You will be asked whether you have already installed your Digital Box using the included instructions
- Select Yes if your Digital Box is already connected OR,
- Select No if you have not yet connected your Digital Box and would like to see instructions on how to do so. Click on any of the Digital Box images (on activations.shaw.ca) for additional instructions on how to connect the unit. Once finished, click "My Digital Box is Now Connected"
- Enter your account information including your Location, Account Number (found on the top of your Shaw bill) and Serial Number (found on the back of the Digital Box). Once this has been done, click Activate Now (seen below)
- After a few minutes your Digital Box will be activated. Once finished, you can power it on. Your guide will temporarily show To Be Announced, and will take roughly an hour to populate all of the listings
- If your Digital Box did not activate properly, please ensure that you have connected the Digital Box correctly, then perform the activation again.Connecting your Digital Box to a TV
Please Note: If you need additional assistance please contact us through Chat, Email or Phone. (Click here for more information on how to contact us: Contact Us)
- Go to activations.shaw.ca
- Select I purchased my Digital Hardware from an authorized retailer
- Selecting any of the Digital Box images listed on this webpage (activations.shaw.ca) will provide you with additional instructions on how to connect the unit
- Select the Click to Chat button at the bottom of the page (activations.shaw.ca) to connect with a live representative who will complete the activation process
Please Note: If you need additional assistance please contact us through Chat, Email or Phone. (Click here for more information on how to contact us: Contact Us )
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the TV forum.