Find answers to frequently asked questions about Netflix on BlueSky TV. Learn about items such streaming and video quality of Netflix on BlueSky TV as well as billing information.
Streaming & Video Quality FAQs
- What is the video resolution of Netflix streaming on BlueSky TV?
- Netflix streams content to BlueSky TV in both standard (SD) and high definition (HD) resolution (defined as 720p or better). To receive HD streaming of Netflix programming on BlueSky TV, make sure you sign up for a service plan from Netflix that includes HD. Learn more about Netflix stream plans or you can change your service plan directly with Netflix.
- Netflix also offers an Ultra HD (also known as 4K) service plan but please note that at this time BlueSky TV boxes do not support 4K. Attempting to play 4K content will result in an error message.
- Netflix currently offers three plans (Note: There is no restriction to the number of devices that can be registered to a Netflix account at any time; however the number of screens you can watch at one time is dependent upon your Netflix plan. Each BlueSky TV Box will count as a screen).
- One Screen: Includes the ability to play one stream at a time up to the SD resolution (480p max).
- Two Screens + HD Includes the ability to play up to two concurrent streams up to the HD resolution (1080p max).
- Four Screens + UltraHD Includes the ability to play up to four concurrent streams up to the UHD 4K resolution (2160p max).
- It is important to understand that like all Internet streaming, the actual resolution of the video Netflix delivers can vary, no matter what your Netflix service plan is. Netflix adjusts the resolution it delivers to achieve the best quality video based on:
- Your plan, as noted above.
- The resolution of the device you are using (if BlueSky TV, up to 1080p).
- The quality of the end-to-end network connection from Netflix's content servers through the Internet to your home through your Shaw Internet connection—it delivers the video to BlueSky TV.
- Please note: Content for Netflix on BlueSky TV is delivered via the internal modem of the BlueSky TV set-top box. Using the Netflix app does not share bandwidth with the modem provided for your Shaw Internet service, however, it does count toward monthly Internet data limits.
- To learn more about how Netflix determines the video streaming resolution it delivers, see help.netflix.com.
- It is important to understand that Netflix is delivered over the Internet and therefore is subject to Shaw Internet data usage policies.
- How does streaming Netflix on BlueSky TV work with the Netflix Stream Plans?
- Streaming content within the Netflix app on a BlueSky TV set-top box will count as one of the simultaneous streams you are allowed under your specific Netflix membership plan.
- For example, if you're watching Netflix on two separate BlueSky TV portals at the same time, that counts as two streams.
- To see the number of active streams you can have at any one time, regardless of what device you are watching Netflix on, please visit Netflix Streaming Plans.
- Can I watch Netflix in 4K on BlueSky TV?
- Yes, 4K (UHD) content is available with Netflix on BlueSky TV. This requires a Netflix Premium plan, a 4K television, and the BlueSky TV 4K box.
- The HDMI port used (i.e. on your 4K TV, AV receiver and/or Soundbar) must be HDCP 2.2 compliant. You may refer to the manual included with your TV equipment to confirm 4K capability.
Back to top
Billing & Account FAQs
- I've noticed my Netflix subscription is included in my Shaw bill after signing up through BlueSky TV. How does that work, and what if I want my Netflix bill to be separate?
- Signing up for Netflix via BlueSky TV will automatically add your Netflix subscription to your Shaw bill.
- If you've already signed up via BlueSky TV, but prefer your Netflix bill to be separate from your Shaw services, it is required to cancel your existing Netflix subscription, then sign up again via the Netflix website.
- If you wish to change your billing method for Netflix, please visit the Netflix website.
- How do I get my Netflix Password or Login information?
- If you have forgotten your password, go to Netflix.com/loginhelp or go to the Netflix app on your BlueSky TV Box and click Forgot Your Password. An email will be sent to the email address you have on file with Netflix.
- If you do not recall the email and password for your Netflix account, simply go to Netflix.com/loginhelp.
- What happens to my Netflix account if I move?
- If your Netflix subscription is integrated with your Shaw bill:
- If your BlueSky TV service is canceled during the move, your Netflix subscription will also be canceled (at the end of the current billing cycle, if BlueSky TV is not restored). In this case, it is necessary to sign up for Netflix again once your TV service is restored.
- If your Netflix subscription is billed directly through Netflix:
- Unless you make changes directly with Netflix, your account with Netflix will not change when you move.
- For more information on transferring your Shaw service, please see instructions on transferring your Shaw services.
- How might Netflix on BlueSky TV affect my Internet Data Usage?
- Video in the Netflix app on BlueSky TV is streamed over the Internet. For this reason, usage of the Netflix app on BlueSky TV is subject to Shaw Internet data usage policies. It's important to note that customers who use Netflix on a Smart TV or other device or PC are also streaming over the Internet and would be subject to Shaw Internet data usage policies.
- To determine what amount of usage you can expect for a given hour of streaming, Netflix provides estimates on its website. On this same Netflix help center article, you can also read Netflix recommendations on how to control your Netflix data usage.
- To see your current Internet usage, please sign into My Shaw.
Back to top