You are able to modify your browsing experience with the Shaw High Definition Guide by adjusting specific settings to match your personal preferences. You may wish to do this if you would like to modify the size or transparency of the guide, or if you would like to change which style of guide is displayed by default when accessed from your remote.
On This Page
To access the Guide Settings on your HD Guide Digital Box simply:
- Press the MENU button on your Shaw Remote
- Choose the Settings icon from the menu that appears
- Select the Guide option from the list of available settings
Grid Settings (Font Size and Transparency)
The Grid Settings option allows you to change the size of the font, and the transparency of the guide. For individuals who have difficulty seeing the guide it is best to increase the font size to Large, and set the transparency to 0%. Choosing a high level of transparency will allow the image of the current channel to be viewed behind the guide information, as seen in the images below.
To change these settings simply:
- Access the Guide Settings menu (steps at top of page)
- Navigate to Grid Settings
- Select the preferred option by using the ARROW keys on your Shaw Remote
- Hit the OK button on the remote to confirm your choice
The Guide Views option allows you to choose what version of the guide will appear by default when you press the GUIDE button on your Shaw Remote. There are three guide formats available; the Full Screen Guide, the Traditional Guide and the Mini Guide. By default, when you push the guide button once you will bring up the Full Screen Guide, pushing it a second time will bring up the Traditional Guide, and pressing it a third time will bring up the Mini Guide.
If you would like to change the default order in which the guides appear simply:
- Access the Guide Settings menu
- Navigate to Guide Views
- Find the options labelled First Press, Second Press and Third Press
- Move the sliders to match your preferred order
SeeHigh Definition Guide - Guide View Information for more information on Guide Views
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the TV forum.