There are three guide views available for the Shaw High-Definition Programming Guide. You can select the Guide View that is displayed by default by configuring the option within the Settings menu.
On this page
Additional Guide Info
The full screen guide allows you to view the guide information and listings over top of the current programming, which remains live in the background while you browse through the listings
- Press GUIDE button once on your Shaw Remote to access this guide view
- Press the buttons to navigate through channels. Press the button to check the programs that are playing at a later time in the day, as marked by the times displayed at the top of the screen. To go back in time after scrolling through future listings, press the button
- Press DAY + to view the program listing a day in advance, and DAY – to scroll backwards after advancing. The date for which you are currently viewing programming is displayed in the top of your screen
Example of the Full Screen Guide
The Traditional Guide view displays information about the current program, a preview of the current channel in a smaller window, and the listings for a few channels in the bottom portion of the screen.
- Press the GUIDE button twice to access the Traditional Shaw Guide
Example of Traditional Guide
The Mini Guide screen allows you to watch television and view program listings without having to leave the program you are watching. The Mini Guide is seen in the lower left corner of your television screen.
- Press GUIDE three times to view the Mini Guide
- Press the button to display an extended menu which lists the programs that are playing later on. Scroll down the list to view future programming using the button. Press DAY + to view the program listing a day in advance, and DAY – to scroll backwards after advancing. The date for which you are currently viewing programming is displayed in the top of your screen
Example of Mini Guide
Selected TV listings in the Guide will be displayed with a coloured underline to help you identify different types of programs:
- Purple - Movies
- Green - Sports
- Orange - Kids Programming
Show Channels is a setting that allows you to view all of the channels available on Shaw Cable or only the channels that are included with your specific package subscription.
To customize the guide to show only the channels to which you are subscribed:
- Press Menu on your remote
- Select Settings
- Select Guide
- With the arrow buttons scroll to Show Channels (as highlighted below)
- Set the toggle switch to Off to see only your subscribed channels, or ON to see the listings for all channels.
To view this information for the TV program you are watching, or for a program title that you have highlighted in the Guide, press INFO on your Shaw Remote.
Access Shaw Video On Demand TV Content
You can now access Shaw Video On Demand content directly from the channel guide. The option is available when the Shaw Video On Demand icon is next to the network logo (see example below).
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the TV forum.