Learn how to use Song ID on BlueSky TV. Song ID is an included feature with BlueSky TV that allows you to identify what song is playing while watching TV. With Song ID, just say "What song is this?" to identify what song is playing!
Song ID can be used to identify songs on live TV, Stingray Music channels, recordings, On Demand, CraveTV, and even commercials. Song ID cannot be used in the Netflix app.
How to use Song ID
- To use Song ID on BlueSky TV, simply use your voice remote and say "What song is this?".
- After receiving the voice command for a music identification request, your BlueSky TV set-top box records 6 seconds of audio and will show ‘Analyzing’ on the screen to indicate that the music identification process is in progress.
- Using that audio, a music fingerprint will be run through the music identification service.
- If there's a match, an answer will be displayed on the TV.
- If there's no match, the message "Sorry, I didn't recognize that song." will be displayed on the TV.
Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will Song ID be able to identify every song?
- Song ID’s metadata is quite robust, however, there may be some songs that it is unable to identify. If a song can’t be identified, the message "Sorry, I didn't recognize that song." will be displayed on the TV.
- Will Song ID work in the Netflix app on BlueSky TV?
- Song ID is only available within the BlueSky TV interface. As it uses a voice command, it is not available while viewing content in the Netflix app.
- Does Song ID work with CraveTV content?
- Yes, Song ID works with CraveTV and other On Demand content.
- Will Song ID identify songs playing on other devices in my home?
- No, it will only identify songs that are playing on your BlueSky TV set-top boxes.
- How does Song ID record the audio to identify music?
- Your BlueSky TV set-top box records 6 seconds of audio which is then used to identify the song. The audio is not recorded by your voice remote.
Back to top