You can change settings regarding the front panel display such as the brightness of the display, the time shown on the clock, or what ancillary information is shown on the front panel display of your digital box.
Watch this video on Digital Box Settings
Can't view the video? Click Here
On This Page
To change the front panel display settings on your HD Guide Box, simply:
- Press the MENU button on your Shaw Remote
- Highlight Settings (above), then press the OK button on your Shaw Remote
- Select Digital Box
Front Panel Settings
Allows you to change the brightness of the front panel display on your Digital Box
- Select LED Brightness by using the buttons on your Shaw Remote
- Move the slider to your preferred setting
- Press the OK button on your remote to confirm your choice
Allows you to determine what the front display of the Digital Box will show while the box is powered on.
- Select Display by using the buttons on your Shaw Remote
- Select either Current Time or Current Channel, as per your preference
- Current Time: Always displays the current time on the front of the Digital Box
- Current Channel: Displays the currently selected channel while the Digital Box is powered on
Allows you to select either a 12 hour or 24 hour time format
- Select Time Format by using the buttons on your Shaw Remote
- Move the slider to either 12 Hour Clock or 24 Hour Clock, as per your preference
- Press the OK button to confirm your choice
Power Save Feature
The Power Save feature allows you to determine the amount of time that will pass before your Digital Box automatically powers down if it has not received any input from the remote or the buttons on the front panel. The range spans between 3 to 12 hours in length, or you can set the Digital Box to never automatically power off (requiring a user to use the POWER button on the box or remote).
- Navigate to the Power Save tab using the buttons on your Shaw Remote
- Move the slider to select your preference (Never, 3 Hours, 6 Hours, 12 Hours)
- Press the OK button on your Shaw Remote to confirm your choice
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the TV forum.