This article will help you set up and activate your Shaw TV Player (DCX3400). If you have a different Shaw TV player, click here.

If you need answers to other common Self Connect questions, our Self Connect FAQ article has you covered.

Before you begin

You will need to log into the My Shaw app with your Shaw ID to complete your activation. If you do not have a Shaw ID yet, you can create one through the My Shaw app (Apple App Store | Google Play Store), or by visiting register.shaw.ca.

What's included

A remote, HDMI cable, power cord, and coax cable are included with your TV Player. If something is missing from your kit, let us know. A 2-way splitter is not included but can be requested.

shw_self_connect_icons_TV_othertvbox.png
shw_self_connect_icons_remote_arris.png
Power cord.png
Coax cable.png
2 Way On Request.png

Connecting your TV Player

1. Attach a coax cable from the coax wall outlet to the CABLE IN port on your TV Player.
  2. Attach an HDMI cable from the TV Player's HDMI port, to one of your TV's open HDMI IN ports. Note the TV port's name.
  3. If you have a standard definition (SD) TV, you will need to use composite (Red, Yellow, White) cables to connect your TV Player to your TV. Simply match the cables and TV port colours.
  4. Attach your TV Player power cord and plug it into an electrical outlet.
  5. Turn on the TV Player by pressing the Watch Cable button on the player's remote control.
  6. Turn on the TV and set it to display the HDMI (or SD) source selected in Step 2.

The next step is to activate your TV Player. Scroll down for those instructions.

Activating your Shaw TV Player

1. Sign in to my.shaw.ca with your Shaw ID username and password. If you do not have one, learn how to create a new Shaw ID here.
  2. Click My Services and select TV from the dropdown menu.
  3. Click Start Self-Install.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

The activation process will take approximately 15 minutes. You will know that the activation is complete when Channel 1 is displayed on the front panel.

If activation fails, the coax outlet may be inactive. Try bypassing the splitter (if applicable) or try another coax cable outlet. After completing the activation, the guide may read " To Be Announced" for up to one hour.  The guide information with automatically re-populate over time.

Frequently asked questions

My TV Player restarted after activating, but my channels are still unavailable.
If you still don’t see the channels after trying everything above, refresh your channel list using the My Shaw app or webpage. To learn how, read How To: Refresh your TV channels with My Shaw.

How do I program my Shaw Universal Remote for my TV?
To program your Shaw Universal Remote to work with your TV, follow the Quick Setup instructions on the back of the remote, or view our instructions here.  

Need to return some equipment?
A return shipping label should be provided in your kit. For instructions on how to return equipment to Shaw, including if you need a return shipping label provided to you or if you are moving, see How To: Return Shaw equipment. 

Need support?

Connect with us anytime by clicking the blue chat bubble on this page, visiting shaw.ca/chat or by using the My Shaw app. The quickest support for activating your equipment is available from 7am-9pm PT, seven days a week.

You can log in to the My Shaw website or app (Apple App Store | Google Play Store) anytime to manage your Shaw account.

Labels (1)
TALK TO US
We're here to help