You may receive a modem with a letter stating that your existing modem requires mandatory replacement. We have initiated a network maintenance program in order to ensure that the Internet service with which we are providing our customers continues to meet our high standards of excellence. As part of this program, we are replacing select modems with substitutes of the same make and model. If your modem needs to be replaced you will be sent a replacement by mail.
If you do not receive a new modem by mail, you do not need to replace your modem.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about mandatory equipment replacement.
Why is Shaw replacing select modems?
- We are replacing select Shaw modems as part of a network maintenance program in order to ensure that we continue to provide our customers with optimal service.
What kind of equipment will I receive when I replace my modem?
- We will replace your modem with another of the same make and model.
Are the modems which are being replaced located in specific regions?
- We need to replace modems from across our cable service areas as part of the network maintenance.
Do I need to pay to have it replaced?
- We will replace your modem free of charge.
- There will be no changes to your regular billing as a result of the swap.
What happens if I don’t swap my Internet modem?
- You may not continue to receive optimal service.
Can I keep the old modem and continue to use it?
- No. We are replacing select Shaw modems as part of a network maintenance program in order to ensure that we continue to provide our customers with optimal service.
Will my new default WiFi information (SSIDs and passwords) be listed on the new modem?
Back to top