Shaw Modem Replacement

Document created by shaw-james on Jan 17, 2018Last modified by shaw-james on Feb 16, 2018
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Your modem requires replacement

We are replacing select Shaw Internet modems as part of a network maintenance program to ensure that our services remain optimal. Starting next week a Shaw agent will contact you to book an appointment for your free modem replacement. If you receive a voice message from a customer care agent, please contact us by chat to arrange an appointment. If you do not receive an email message or a phone call, you do not need to replace your modem.

Thank you.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is Shaw replacing select modems?

• We are replacing select Shaw modems as part of a network maintenance program in order to ensure that we continue to provide our customers with optimal service.

What kind of equipment will I receive when I replace my modem?

• We will replace your modem with another of the same make and model.

Are the modems which are being replaced located in specific regions?

• We need to replace modems from across our cable footprint as part of the network maintenance.

Do I need to pay to have it replaced?

• We will replace your modem free of charge.
  • There will be no changes to your regular billing as a result of the swap.

How long will it take the technician to swap my modem?

• Approximately 15 - 20 minutes.

What happens if I don’t swap my Internet modem?

• You may not continue to receive optimal service.

Can I keep the old modem and continue to use it?

• No. We are replacing select Shaw modems as part of a network maintenance program in order to ensure that we continue to provide our customers with optimal service.

Can I use the same SSIDs and passwords with the new modem?

• Yes, the technician can configure the modem when they install it to match your current SSID and password, but if the modem resets it will return to the default SSID and password.

Will my new default WiFi information (SSIDs and passwords) be listed on the new modem?

• Yes.

Attachments

Outcomes