The Apple HomePod was released in Canada on June 18, 2018. Learn how to connect your Apple HomePod assistant to your Shaw in-home WiFi.
This article will provide insight into:
Did You Know?
This article applies to Apple HomePod devices sold in Canada. Please note that imported Apple HomePod devices may not support the same features.
How to connect Apple HomePod to in-home WiFi
- Ensure that your iOS device has iOS 11.2.5 or later.
- On the iOS device that you are using to set up the HomePod, ensure that you have signed into iCloud with your Apple ID, and have enabled iCloud Keychain. You will also require two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
- Your iOS device will need to have Bluetooth enabled, and must be connected to your WiFi network.
- Ensure that the Home app and the Apple Music app are installed on your iOS device. You will need to reinstall them if you have deleted them.
Setting up your HomePod
- Connect your HomePod to the power outlet.
- The HomePod will indicate that it has turned on with a sound and a pulsing light.
- Hold your iOS device next to the HomePod. When prompted, tap Set Up.
- Select the room in which your HomePod is located Enable Personal Requests, and transfer settings to set up access to your Apple services.
- Siri will notify you when setup is complete.
Related: Getting started with Shaw In-Home WiFi and Shaw Go WiFi, How to connect to WiFi on an Apple Device
*If you have customized your network name (SSID) and password and can no longer remember the login credentials you will need to restore your Wireless Modem to the default settings.
Back to top