Learn how you can watch 3D programming. We offer 3D programming for select On Demand titles. Below you will find some frequently asked questions concerning the 3D programming.

What do I need to watch 3D programming?

Viewing 3D programming in stereoscopic 3D requires a 3D-ready television set, which supports stereoscopic 3D via special 3D glasses which must be compatible with your specific 3D television model. 

Setup Requirements:

• Full HD 3D television set
  • Television manufacturers specified stereoscopic 3D glasses (one for each viewer)
  • Your 3D glasses may have functioning batteries installed and must be powered on.
  • 3D-HD compatible Digital Box (see list here)
  • You must be subscribed to HD programming
  • HDMI cable connection that facilitates the connection from the Digital Box to your TV.
  • HD 3D TV with its 3D Mode enabled (consult your TV's user guide)

How do I order a program in 3D?

You can view available 3D programming by checking out the On Demand 3D selection

Once you have found a title that you wish to order you can order it online* or via your remote control. See: Ordering a title via On Demand

Once the title has been ordered, you will be prompted with a short video which will explain how to best view the program in 3D. You will need to adjust your TV settings so that they match the requirements of the 3D program. In most cases, this will mean switching between side by side, top, and bottom or sequential 3D display types.

*If you have ordered the title online, you will need to go to your My Orders section via On Demand to begin playing the content

Additional FAQs

Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about viewing 3D programming.

Do I need a special TV to view 3D programming?
Yes, a 3D-ready television is required to watch 3D programming. Models are available from various manufacturers such as Sony, Panasonic, and Samsung. A standard HD television will not be able to display the 3D effects broadcast using this new technology. In addition to the 3D TV, each user will need their own pair of 3D glasses from the TV manufacturer.

I'm not able to see the picture in 3D, what do I do?

• Please ensure that you have all the necessary equipment required in order to watch 3D content (found above).
  • If you are using a Gateway PVR system, please ensure that you have 1080p enabled in the settings option. If you are using a different Digital Box you may need to set your display format as Native. To do this:
    • simply power off your Digital Box
    • press SELECT on your Remote
    • change the video output to Native. Once completed, simply power your Digital Box off, and then back on.

Do I need an HDMI 1.4 cable for 3D?
HDMI 1.4 is required for Blu-ray 3D

Compatible 3D digital boxes

Here is a list of Digital Boxes that are 3D compatible.

Ignite TV
Ignite TV Hardware

Gateway
Arris Portal / Gateway *
Arris Portal MP2150

Pace

Pace Tahoe
Pace Aspen TDC776D *
Pace Summit DC758D*
Pace Whistler

Motorola

Motorola DCX3400 *
Motorola DCX3510-M *
Motorola DCX3200 *
Motorola DCX3200 M-P3 *
Motorola DCT6200
Motorola DCT6412
Motorola DCT6416
Motorola DCT3416

*The items with a star are also compatible with MPEG4 broadcasts which is required to view some 3D programs.

Labels (1)
TALK TO US
We're here to help