Learn how you can save time by self-installing your new Shaw Advanced WiFi modem and get connected quickly. We'll ship your Advanced WiFi modem Self-Install Kit directly to your house so there's no need to take time off for an installation appointment. Everything you need will be delivered with easy-to-follow instructions and kit comes with everything you need to easily set up your new service.
For more information, visit: https://Shaw.ca/selfinstall
Self-Install the Advanced WiFi modem
Watch the video below for step-by-step instructions on how to set up and install your Shaw Advanced WiFi Modem.
Self-Install Shaw Advanced WiFi Modem
Can't view the video? Click here
Video Transcript: Self-Install Steps
Note to ensure optimal WiFi coverage, the best location for your modem in your home is a central location above ground level. Avoid placing it near TVs or appliances if you can.
- Step 1: Take the coax cable that comes with your modem and attach one end to the wall outlet and one end to the port on the back of your modem. Ensure that the cable is finger tight.
- Step #2: Plug the included power cord into the wall outlet, plug the other end into your modem into the slot marked "power".
- Step #3: Activate your modem. this can be done via chat shaw.custhelp.com or by calling 1-844-574-7429. If you picked up your modem from a retail outlet, once your modem light is alternating through green and yellow you can move on to the next step.
- Step #4: Connecting to the Internet. On the bottom of your modem, you will see a sticker with your initial network name (SSID) and password.
- access the WiFi settings on your Internet-enabled device and enter the SSID and password
- go to any Internet browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc) and go to any website. You will be automatically redirected to a network setup page where you can customize your network name and password. If you are not are not automatically redirected type 10.0.0.1 into the address bar of your browser.
- Step #5: (Optional): Plug your device (desktop or laptop) directly into your modem with the provided Ethernet cable.
- Step #6: Reboot your modem. After the lights on the modem go from alternating green and yellow, wait for the light to turn white and remain white for 60 seconds.
- unplug the power to your modem for ten seconds and plug back in.
When the modem light is solid white, you are ready to go.
Back to top