Beginning May 9th and continuing until May 23rd, 2018, Shaw will be performing an update to all Gateway systems. This update enhances the Shaw On Demand experience on your Gateway set-top box by adding and updating several key features. See the sections below for more information.
Your Gateway system will automatically download and install the update overnight. If you're watching TV at this time, you'll see the following message: "Updates are available. You must restart the [device] for the updates to take effect. Restart now or later?"
- If you choose later, it will delay for 2 hours.
- If you choose now or the prompt is not acknowledged, the Gateway will proceed with the update.
- If a recording is in progress, the reset will take place once it's finished.
How do I know if my TV system will receive the update?
All of our Gateway set-top boxes will receive this update to the Shaw On Demand experience. This includes the following hardware models:
Below is an overview of the feature updates included with the Shaw On Demand update for your Gateway system. For more information on how to order Shaw On Demand titles on your Gateway, see Shaw Gateway - How to order Video On Demand.
Updated visual interface
- Large posters
- Better readability through larger text sizes
- New "ribbon" (top of screen) provides an easy way to navigate between categories
- Clear indication of “Free” content (included with your subscription)
- Episodes of a series are now organized by season, making it easier to find what you want to watch
- Use the “Change season” button to select a different season
Streamlined order confirmation
- Buttons on free content now say “Play” (and will immediately begin playback)
- Buttons on paid content still use “Rent” (and will show a purchase a confirmation)
- If partially watched, a visual indication of episode progress is shown
Season and episode information
- Season and Episode information (abbreviated as “S:” and “Ep:”) has been added to various places in the Guide, PVR screens, and Search results.
Still have questions? Chat with us on social media.
It's fast, easy and convenient, and it's totally a new way to connect with us.