Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 offers an Apple-compatible version of Outlook 2011. Follow the instructions below to configure Office for Mac 2011 (Outlook for Mac 2011) to work with your Shaw.ca email account.
While we have provided the following support information, we want to ensure that our customers receive the best possible support for their third-party hardware and software by speaking with the experts. The best way to resolve your third-party issue is to use support resources from the original manufacturer or developer. If the following information does not answer your question, please visit Mac Mail Support.
How to set up email on Office for Mac 2011
To configure Outlook for Mac 2011 with your Shaw e-mail account:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2011
- Select the Outlook menu in the upper left-hand corner (Example 1)
- Select Preferences, from this window click Accounts (Example 2)
- Click the button next to E-mail Account (Example 3)
- Enter the following Server information (Example 4)
- E-mail address: Your full Shaw e-mail address
- Password: Your Shaw e-mail password
- User name: Your Shaw e-mail without the domain (@shaw.ca)
- Type: POP
- Incoming server: pop.shaw.ca (“Override default port” and “Use SSL to connect” both unchecked)
- Outgoing server: mail.shaw.ca (“Override default port” checked and “Use SSL to connect” checked. Once “Override default port” has been checked you will be able to change the Port number next to the mail.shaw.ca server to 587)
- Before closing the Accounts window, click the More Options button at the bottom (Example 5)
- From the Authentication drop-down, select Use Incoming Server Info
- Click OK
Click example images below for a larger view:
|Example 1||Example 2||Example 3||Example 4||Example 5|
Did You Know
Shaw Webmail is the latest version of Shaw's web-based email client. Visit https://webmail.shaw.ca to sign in and access your Shaw email via Webmail.
Back to top