Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 offers an Apple compatible version of Outlook 2011. Please follow the below details to configure Office for Mac 2011 (Outlook for Mac 2011) to work with your Shaw.ca email account.
Setup Email on Office for Mac 2011
To configure Outlook for Mac 2011 with your Shaw e-mail account:
- Enable Remote Access on your Shaw Webmail account
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2011
- Select the Outlook menu in the upper left hand corner (Example 1)
- Select Preferences, from this window click Accounts (Example 2)
- Click the button next to E-mail Account (Example 3)
- Enter the following Server information (Example 4)
- E-mail address: Your full Shaw e-mail address
- Password: Your Shaw e-mail password
- User name: Your Shaw e-mail without the domain (@shaw.ca)
- Type: POP
- Incoming server: pop.shaw.ca (“Override default port” and “Use SSL to connect” both unchecked)
- Outgoing server: mail.shaw.ca (“Override default port” checked and “Use SSL to connect” checked. Once “Override default port” has been checked you will be able to change the Port number next to the mail.shaw.ca server to 587)
- Before closing the Accounts window, click the More Options button at the bottom (Example 5)
- From the Authentication dropdown, select Use Incoming Server Info
- Click OK
Click example images below for larger view
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the Internet forum.