Learn how to connect a Nintendo DS to WiFi. This guide will show you how to setup and connect your Nintendo DS system, which can be connected to your Shaw internet to play games online, connect with friends and download additional content.
This article will provide insight into:
How to connect a Nintendo DS to Home WiFi
Follow these steps to connect your Nintendo DS to your home wireless (WiFi) connection.
- From the DS home screen, tap System Settings (wrench icon).
- Next, select Internet Settings from the options presented on the lower screen.
- From the lower screen, select Connection Settings
- Select New Connection
- Select Manual Setup
- Tap Search for Access Point
- You will be presented with a list of available local wireless networks. Tap on the wireless network to which you would like to connect. If you are using a Shaw Wireless Modem you will be able to find your network name (SSID) and password (Pre-shared Key or Passphrase) listed on a white sticker affixed to your modem*.
* If you have customized your network name (SSID) and/or password and can no longer remember your login credentials, you will need to restore your Wireless Modem to the default settings.
Back to top
How to connect a Nintendo DS to Shaw Go WiFi
If you are connecting the 3DS or 2DS system to Shaw Go WiFi, you will need to setup your connection manually through My Shaw. For more information on how to do this, please see our article on Managing your Shaw Go WiFi Devices.
You can find the required MAC address on your 3DS or 2DS system by:
- Accessing the Settings menu
- Choosing Internet Settings, Other Information
- Choose Confirm MAC Address
Please Note: While inputting your devices MAC address, please be sure to use the following format: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX and not XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
Related: About Shaw Go WiFi
Back to top