How to install your Shaw digital box (DCT 700)

Document created by shaw-jamesp on Jun 26, 2018Last modified by shaw-jamesp on Jul 13, 2018
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Learn how to install your Motorola DCT 700 digital box. Use the quick links below for additional information.

This article will provide insight into:

Did You Know

With the MyShaw app, you can chat with support, pay your bills and manage your Shaw products.

Learn More: My Shaw app - Download and Setup     

Installation Instructions
  1. Hook up your new digital box.
    1. Write down the digital box’s serial number (SN) and your Shaw account number. The SN is located on the back of the digital box (next to RF IN) and starts with the letter, “M.” Your Shaw account number is an 11-digit number in this format: XXX-XXXX-XXXX. You can find it on the Canada Post sticker on the shipping box, near your address information.
    2. Place the digital box in a well-ventilated location.
    3. Connect the cable cord into a wall cable outlet and into RF IN at the back of the digital box. We recommend using the included cable cord instead of any others you might have around.
    4. Connect the RCA/AV cable to the “RCA” port at the back of the digital box and then to the RCA/AV IN port on the TV. Take note of the port you selected on the TV.
    5. Connect the power pack to the back of the digital box and then plug it into a power outlet.

1. Activate your digital box.
    1. Turn on the digital box by pressing the CABLE power button, located in the top right-hand corner of the Shaw remote. An amber light on the front of the digital box will display when the power is on.
    2. Turn on the TV and tune it to the matching RCA/AV input you selected in step 1.d.
    3. Activate the digital box online by logging into your account at my.shaw.ca. Once signed in, select TV in the left panel. Then select Self-Install TV Equipment in the TV Equipment section and follow the instructions.

If you live in the following areas, please call us to activate the DCT 700 - do not attempt to activate it online.

British Columbia: Alert Bay, Lillooet, Nimpkish Heights, Pinantan Lake, Paul Lake, Port Hardy, Port MacNeill, Sointula

Ontario: Balmertown, Couchenour, McKenzie Island, Red Lake, Sioux Lookout

• Residential customers: 1-866-478-8289
  • Business customers: 1-855-545-1142

1. The activation process is now complete. Turn on the digital box using the cable power button on your remote. Enjoy your shows. Note, it will take up to 30 minutes for guide information to load.

Related: Hardware Information - Motorola DCT700 

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I program my Shaw Universal Remote to my TV?

• To program your Shaw Universal Remote to work with the TV, follow the, Quick Setup instructions on the reverse of the remote or visit urcsupport.com/shaw

Related: How to program your Shaw remote control 

Related Articles

Attachments

Outcomes