Configure WiFi and email settings on your Apple iPad
This guide will explain how to connect your Apple iPad to a wireless (WiFi) connection and also demonstrate how to setup your Shaw email account through an Exchange server.
This article provides insight on:
Microsoft Exchange email setup
The Microsoft Exchange setup procedure described below is the preferred setup method for your Shaw.ca email address. Exchange offers advanced mail handling, less confusion for accounts connected to multiple devices, and synchronization with calendars and contacts. Any emails sent from this device will appear on Webmail and any emails deleted from the device will also be deleted from Webmail and the server.
Check out this video for instructions on setting up your iOS device with Exchange settings.
Can't view the video? Click here.
To configure your iPad to send and receive emails using an Exchange Server:
- Touch the Settings icon on the Home screen
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Select Add Account
- Select Microsoft Exchange
- Enter the following information under Exchange for the Incoming Mail Server:
- Email: Shaw email address including @shaw.ca
- Server: webmail.shaw.ca
- Domain: Leave as optional
- Username: Your Shaw email address without @shaw.ca
- Password: Your email password
- Description: This can be left blank (optional)
- Select Next
- Enter the following into Server: webmail.shaw.ca
- Select Next
- Turn on Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Reminders
- Select Save
Your iPad has now been configured for use with your Shaw.ca email address via Microsoft Exchange. You can now access your mail from the Mail app presented on your home screen.
Back to top
To connect your iPad to your wireless network.
- Tap Settings icon on your home screen.
- Once the settings screen has appeared, tap Wi-Fi from the left menu.
- On the right side of the screen you will see a switch to turn the WiFi On or Off. Move the WiFi slider to the On position.
- As shown above, you will be presented with a list of the available wireless networks in your area. Please tap on the network to which you would like to connect. If you are connecting to a wireless network provided by a Shaw wireless modem, the network name (also called the SSID) is listed on a sticker affixed to the modem*.
- If the wireless network requires a password, you will need to enter it in the pop-up window that appears. If you are connecting to a wireless network provided by a Shaw wireless modem, the password (also called the Pre-Shared Key or Passphrase) is listed on a sticker affixed to the modem*.
- With the password entered, please tap Join on the right. In a moment, your wireless connection will be active and ready for use
Select one of the options below and follow the instructions to set up your Shaw email on your iPad.
Did You Know
If you have customized your network name (SSID) and password and can no longer remember the login credentials you will need to restore your Wireless Modem to the default settings.
Back to top