How to install your Shaw HDPVR (DCX 3400)

Document created by shaw-jamesp on Jun 27, 2018Last modified by shaw-jody on Aug 20, 2018
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Learn how to install your Motorola DCX 3400 HDPVR. Use the quick links below for additional information.

This article will provide insight into:

Did You Know

With the MyShaw app, you can chat with support, pay your bills and manage your Shaw products.

Learn More: My Shaw app - Download and Setup     

HDPVR installation instructions
  1. Hook up your new HDPVR.
    1. Write down the HDPVR’s serial number (Host SN) and your Shaw account number. The serial number is located at the back of the HDPVR (near number 3) and starts with the letter, “M.” Your Shaw account number is an 11-digit number in this format: XXX-XXXX-XXXX. You can find it on the Canada Post sticker on the shipping box, near your address information.
    2. Place the HDPVR in a well-ventilated location.
    3. Connect one end of the cable cord into a wall cable outlet and the other end into CABLE IN at the back of the HDPVR. We recommend using the included cable cord instead of any others that you might have around.
    4. Connect the HDMI cable to “HDMI Out” at the back of the HDPVR and then to an HDMI port on the TV. Take note of the port you selected on the TV.
    5. Connect the power cord to the back of the HDPVR and then plug it into a power outlet.

1. Activate your HDPVR.
    1. Turn on the HDPVR by pressing the power button on the front of the box. The blue power indicator will light up. You will see multiple messages show on the front display of the HPDVR. Don’t worry, this is normal.
    2. Turn on the TV and tune it to the matching HDMI input you selected in step 1.d.
    3. Activate the HDPVR  by logging into your account at my.shaw.ca. Once signed in, select TV in the left panel. Then select Self-Install TV Equipment in the TV Equipment section and follow the instructions.
      • Activation of the HDPVR will take approximately 5 minutes and when complete, it will power off.

If you live in the following areas, please call us to activate the HDPVR - do not attempt to activate it .

British Columbia: Alert Bay, Lillooet, Nimpkish Heights, Pinantan Lake, Paul Lake, Port Hardy, Port MacNeill, Sointula

Ontario: Balmertown, Couchenour, McKenzie Island, Red Lake, Sioux Lookout

• Residential customers: 1-866-478-8289
  • Business customers: 1-855-545-1142
  •      

1. Turn on the HDPVR using the cable power button on your remote. Enjoy your shows. Note, it will take up to 30 minutes for guide information to load.

Related: Hardware Information - Motorola DCX3400 

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I want to place my HDPVR out of sight?

• If you wish to place the HDPVR out of sight (i.e. in a cabinet), plug the IR Receiver into EXT IR IN at the back of the HDPVR. Place the IR Receiver where the remote’s signal will have a clear line of sight with the IR Receiver.

How can I program my Shaw Universal Remote to my TV?

• To program your Shaw Universal Remote to work with the TV, follow the “Quick Setup” instructions on the reverse of the remote or visit urcsupport.com/shaw

Related: How to program your Shaw remote control 

Related Articles

Attachments

Outcomes