How to install your Shaw HDPVR (DCX 3510-M)

Document created by shaw-jamesp on Jun 27, 2018Last modified by shaw-jamesp on Jul 13, 2018
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Learn how to install your Motorola DCX 3510-M HDPVR. Use the quick links below for additional information.

This article will provide insight into:

Did You Know

With the MyShaw app, you can chat with support, pay your bills and manage your Shaw products.

Learn More: My Shaw app - Download and Setup     

Installation Instructions
  1. Hook up your new HDPVR.
    1. Write down the HDPVR's serial number (Host SN) and your Shaw account number. The serial number is located at the back of the HD PVR (near number 3) and starts with the letter, “M.” Your Shaw account number is an 11-digit number in this format: XXX-XXXX-XXXX. You can find it on the Canada Post sticker on the shipping box, near your address information.
    2. Place the HDPVR in a well-ventilated location.
    3. Connect the cable cord into a wall cable outlet and into CABLE IN at the back of the HDPVR.
    4. Connect the HDMI cable to HDMI out at the back of the HDPVR and then to an HDMI port on the TV. Take note of the port you selected on the TV.
    5. Connect the power pack to the back of the HDPVR and then plug it into a power outlet.

IMPORTANT - do not disconnect power or press any buttons on the HDPVR or remote during activation because it may interrupt the process.

1. Activate your HDPVR.
    1. Turn on the TV and tune it to the matching HDMI input port you selected in Step 1.d. You may see a blue box appear on your TV or a “no signal” message - don’t worry, this is normal.
    2. On the front of the HDPVR, you will see numerous messages appear before stopping at, “noCP.” You can move on to the next step.
    3. Activate the HDPVR online by signing into your account at my.shaw.ca. Once signed in, select TV in the left panel. Then select Self-Install TV Equipment in the TV Equipment section and follow the instructions.

The activation process will take approximately 10 minutes. During this time, various messages (OCAP, APP, ChIP, PSLd) will display on the front of the HPVR. When the time is displayed, the HDPVR can be powered on by pressing the power button on the front panel or by using the remote control. The activation process is now complete. Enjoy your shows.

Related: Hardware Information - Motorola DCX3510-M 

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I want to place my HDPVR out of sight?

• If you wish to place the HDPVR out of sight (i.e. in a cabinet), plug the IR Receiver into EXT IR IN at the back of the HDPVR. Place the IR Receiver where the remote’s signal will have a clear line of sight with the IR Receiver.

How can I program my Shaw Universal Remote to my TV?

• To program your Shaw Universal Remote to work with the TV, follow the “Quick Setup” instructions on the reverse of the remote or visit urcsupport.com/shaw

Related: How to program your Shaw remote control 

Related Articles

Attachments

Outcomes