Aug 1 | Visa Prepaid Card FAQ

Document created by shaw-jamesp on Jul 24, 2018Last modified by shaw-jamesp on Aug 1, 2018
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Starting August 1, 2018, Visa Prepaid Cards will be offered to customers when they sign up new Internet and/or TV services on a 2-Year ValuePlan.

On this page

Customer email

How to activate your card

Card challenges?

Visa terms and conditions

Frequently asked questions

Customer email

After your Shaw services are installed and approximately 2 weeks have passed, you will be sent an email from notification@prepaiddigitalsolutions.com with a personalized token redemption code.

Example Email:

Visa Prepaid Email Example(Click to enlarge)

The activation code will expire three months from the date you receive it. The Visa Prepaid Card is valid for 12 months from the date of activation.

Check the balance of your card any time by visiting shaw.ca/PrepaidCard.

How to activate your card

1. You will receive an email from notification@prepaiddigitalsolutions.com.
  2. Click the link in the email to visit https://www.prepaiddigitalsolutions.com/CreateProfile

Visa Redeem Process 1

1. You will be prompted to enter your details for the name and address information for the card.
    • If you choose a physical card in the next step, then this address will be used to mail the physical card.

Visa Redeem Process 2

1. You will be prompted to select either a virtual or physical prepaid Visa card

Visa Redeem Process 3

1. You will then be asked to confirm all of the information on screen.

Physical Card Example

Visa Redeem Process Physical Card

Virtual Card Example

Visa Redeem Process Virtual Card

1. Once confirmed, if you selected a virtual card, the details will be displayed immediately on the portal. If you selected a physical card, you will see a confirmation screen that indicates your card will be mailed.

Visa Redeem Process 5

1. In either case, physical or virtual card, you will receive an email confirmation.

Visa Redeem Process 4

The activation code will expire three months from the date you receive it. The Visa Prepaid Card is valid for 12 months from the date of activation.

Check the balance of your card any time by visiting shaw.ca/PrepaidCard.

Card challenges?

If you did not receive an activation code or are experiencing one or more of the following issues with your card, please contact Visa at 1-877-325-8444 for 24/7 support:

• You activated the card but have not yet received the card in the mail or via email
  • Your card is damaged or the funds have been improperly loaded
  • You are unable to use the funds on your card

Visa Terms and Conditions

Click here to download the terms and conditions.

Frequently Asked Questions

Does the Visa Prepaid Card expire?
Yes. The card will expire 12 months from the date the card was activated.

I thought that gift cards don’t have an expiry date? Why does this card have one?
Visa Prepaid Cards are not legally categorized as gift cards and can have an expiry date. For specific information about the nature of prepaid cards, click here to see the government web site.

My card isn’t working. Who do I call?
Please call Visa at 1-877-325-8444 for 24/7 support.

How much money is left on my card?
Visit shaw.ca/PrepaidCard to see the balance of your card.

Download the My Shaw app today.

It’s the fastest way to connect with a Shaw rep.

Attachments

Outcomes