As of October 1st, 2018, Shaw customers will no longer be able to access any video programming using the following digital box models:
- DCT 5100
- DCT 6208
Example of a DCT 5100
(Click to enlarge)
If you actively use either of these digital boxes, you will have received a call or message from a Shaw Customer Care agent to discuss this change and hardware replacement options. If we missed you, don’t worry, just contact us when convenient to avoid any interruption to your viewing experience.
Frequently asked Questions
What does ‘End of Life’ mean?
- Customers using a DCT5100 or DCT6208 will no longer be able to receive/view any channels and/or Video On Demand content using the digital box.
- You will not be able to re-activate or add DCT5100 and DCT6208 set top boxes to your account.
Why will Shaw no longer be supporting these digital boxes?•
- As part of a multi-year effort, we’re streamlining our products so that we can provide you with the best TV experience possible. To learn more about our TV equipment options, please contact us to avoid any interruption to your viewing experience.
What should I do with my DCT5100 or DCT6208 when it is no longer working?
- You are not required to return your digital boxes to Shaw. Your digital boxes can be recycled free of charge at local electronics stores or landfill sites.
How can I access TV programming once my DCT5100/DCT6208 is no longer working?
- As a valued customer, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to make your TV viewing experience better. Simply contact us to learn more about your equipment replacement options.
- You can still stream live TV on your computer, or on the go using your mobile device with FreeRange TV. Visit shaw.ca/FreeRange to learn more.