This document will show you how to setup email on your BlackBerry 10 phone. Before you begin, please review the following document to ensure that your account is ready to be setup on mobile. Before You Setup Your Mobile Device...
On This Page
- On the Home Screen, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Wi-Fi
- Move the WiFi slider to the On position
- Select the network that you would like to connect to
- If you are using a Shaw Wireless Modem you will be able to find your network name by looking at the white sticker on the top of the modem*
- If you are using a Shaw Wireless Modem you will be able to find your network password by looking at the white sticker on the top of the modem*
* If you have customized your network name (SSID) and password and can no longer remember the login credentials you will need to restore your Wireless Modem to the default settings
To configure your Blackberry 10 device to send and receive emails:
- Ensure that your password meets the minimum security requirements (click here to see security requirements)
- Swipe down to access your Blackberry settings, and tap the Settings button
- Enter in your shaw.ca email address, tap Next, and then enter your shaw.ca email password and finally tap Next
- Security Requirements for Mobile Access: If after setting up your email client you find that you are still unable to send or receive emails from your Blackberry, please ensure that your password meets the minimum security requirements required for mobile access. If your password does not meet these requirements then mail setup will not work. In some situations, your password will work on other devices in the household but may still fail on your smartphone/tablet because of the additional restrictions required to use Shaw Webmail on your mobile device.
In this case, you may have to change your password to meet the security requirements (seen below) and then update this password in any other household devices and programs where it may be saved (for example: Mac Mail, Outlook, Windows Live Mail, smartphone, tablet). Once updated you can proceed to setup your email client again with your new password.
- Mobile Access Security Requirements
- a minimum of 6 characters
- at least 1 upper-case letter
- at least 1 lower-case letter
- a special character (e.g. ~!@#$%^&*() )
- a number
- all of the above requirements must be met within the first 8 characters of the password
Still Need A Little Help?
See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask
your own question, in the Internet forum.