Nov 1 | Netflix Offer FAQ

Document created by shaw-jamesp on Oct 10, 2018
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Starting November 1, 2018, customers signing up for a new Internet 150 or 300 service on a 2-Year Value Plan (can include TV services) will be offered Netflix on us for twelve months (based on a standard subscription rate of $10.99/mo).

On this page

Customer email

How to redeem your offer

Redemption challenges?

Terms and conditions

Frequently asked questions

Customer email

After your Shaw services are installed and the account is on billing, you will be sent an email from donotreply@sjrb.ca with a link to redeem your Netflix offer.

Example Email:

Netflix Offer Email
(Click to enlarge)

How to redeem your offer

1. You will receive an email from donotreply@sjrb.ca once the Shaw services are installed and on billing.
    • The link in the email will expire one month from the date you receive it.
  2. Click the Claim Gift button in the email.
  1. You will be prompted to enter your postal code
  1. After entering your postal code, click on Redeem at Netflix
    • Once you successfully click on Redeem at Netflix on the website, you will have 30 minutes to redeem the credit token on your Netflix account.
      • If you do not complete the redemption process within the 30 minutes, you will need to start the process over again by clicking on Claim Gift in the email you received.
  2. You will need to login to your Netflix account to redeem the token credit.
    • New Netflix accounts created during this redemption process will be billed for their Netflix services through Shaw.
    • Existing Netflix customers through third party providers (such as iTunes, Google Play) can apply the token credit to their existing accounts.
  3. You will then be asked to confirm all of the information on the screen.

Redemption challenges?

If you did not receive an redemption email, please visit www.shaw.ca/netflix-redemption to proceed with the token credit redemption.

• This process will require you to have your Shaw Account Number, phone number, and postal code.

If you are experiencing one or more of the following issues with your token, please contact us:

• You received the email but you see an error message during the redemption process
  • You received the email but during redemption it states this account has already redeemed an offer.
    • Please log into your Netflix account to determine if the credit has already been applied prior to contacting Shaw.

If you have any issues signing into your Netflix account, the Netflix Help Center offers various topics to assist in resetting your password, updating your email, and much more.

Terms and Conditions

Offer available to new Internet or Internet and TV customers only when subscribing to a 2-year ValuePlan. Customers must not have had Internet services for 90 days to be eligible. Offer expires 12/15/2018. Valid for 12 months of Netflix Service on the Netflix Premium HD streaming plan (total value CAD$131.88). Customer must have Arris XB6 modem and/or BlueSky TV to be eligible for the promotion. Taxes extra. Credit can be applied towards a new or existing Netflix account including accounts billed through third party providers. Offer is not redeemable or refundable for cash, subject to applicable law, and cannot be exchanged for Netflix gift subscriptions. You may apply the value of the offer to a different Netflix streaming plan. Exchanges in this manner may alter the duration of the offer. After the Offer has ended, if you were an existing Netflix customer before signing up to an Eligible Plan, you will be charged the subscription charge directly by Netflix using the card details provided on sign-up. However, if you were not an existing Netflix customer, the subscription charge will appear on your Shaw bill. For full terms and conditions see www.shaw.ca. Netflix and related service marks are the property of Netflix, Inc. All rights reserved. All images, artwork and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Frequently Asked Questions

If I already have a Netflix account, can I still get this offer?

• Yes, the Netflix credit can be applied to your existing Netflix account as well as a new Netflix account. New Netflix accounts created during the credit redemption process will automatically enroll in Netflix billing through Shaw, whereas existing Netflix customers will continue to be billed through Netflix once the credit is used up.

How do I get my Netflix credit/offer?

• You will receive an email from Shaw with a link to create and redeem your Netflix credit.
  • If you did not receive an redemption email, please visit www.shaw.ca/netflix-redemption to proceed with the token credit redemption.

• This process will require you to have your Shaw Account Number, phone number, and postal code.

When do I get my Netflix credit/offer?

• Once your Internet service is installed and on billing, the email will be sent to the email address that you provided us.

The name on my Netflix account is different from my Shaw account. Can I redeem the credit token?

• Yes. There is no name matching requirement.

How will the Netflix promotion be displayed my service agreement with Shaw?

• The Critical Information Summary of your service agreement will display the promotion, along with the credit amount.

How will the Netflix be displayed on my invoice?

• Since the credit will not be applied to their Shaw bill, the promotion will not be displayed on your Shaw invoice
  • Customers that create a new Netflix account through the token redemption process will automatically be enrolled in our Integrated Netflix Billing.
    • The Shaw invoice will display a $0.00 Netflix charge until the Netflix credit has been consumed.
  • Existing Netflix customers will continue to be billed through Netflix (or third party providers) once the credit has been consumed.

Download the My Shaw app today.

It’s the fastest way to connect with a Shaw rep.

Attachments

Outcomes