Shaw's Network Upgrade

Document created by shaw-fraser on Feb 4, 2013Last modified by shaw-alex on Oct 13, 2016
Version 45Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Shaw is improving the way we deliver your channels by converting every analog channel into a superior digital format. This upgrade is one of many ways in which we are enhancing our extensive network to deliver more channels, and our best Internet service to your home.

Are you a Shaw Business Customer? Please click here for more information...

The latest update to our network will involve three changes that may impact your service.

1. Shaw's network will become fully digital and you will need a digital cable box for each TV in your home.
    2. Some last generation internet modems will need to be exchanged (at no cost) to take advantage of the increased capability of the digital network (more details).
    3. The Motorola DCT2000 (a last generation digital box) will need to be exchanged (at no cost) as it is not compatible with a fully digital network (more details).

If any of the above changes impact your service, you will receive notice from Shaw by phone, mail and email: Please call us now at 1-888-608-5620 or visit your nearest Shaw retail store so we can ensure your service will continue without interruption.

On This Page

How Do I Know Whether I Have A Digital Box?

I Already Have a Digital Box. What Should I Expect?

I Do Not Have a Digital Box. What Should I Expect?

How Do I Get a Digital Box?

Do I Need a New Modem?

How Do I Know Whether I Have A Digital Box?

First, check each of your TVs to see whether a Digital Box is connected. Your Digital Box will likely resemble one of these:

HD Digital Cable BoxHD PVR Digital Cable BoxStandard Definition Digital Cable Box

If you're still not certain, here's a checklist to see whether you have a Digital Box:

• Do you have a Shaw remote control for this TV?
  • Do you see the Shaw interactive programming guide on this TV?
  • Are you able to access Shaw On Demand or Stingray Music channels (401-460) on this TV?

If the answer to the above is YES then you already have a Shaw Digital Box on this TV.

If the answer to the above is NO then you do not have a Shaw Digital Box on this TV, and you will need to connect one in order to keep your service working. Once a Digital Box is connected it will not only keep your existing level of programming, it will provide other key benefits, including:

• Access to Shaw's On-screen Interactive Program Guide to see what is playing up to fourteen days in advance
  • One universal remote to control the devices connected to your TV
  • Shaw On Demand, so you can catch up on the latest shows after they air - on great channels like Global, CTV, and City

Please call us at 1-888-608-5620 or visit your nearest Shaw retail store to order your complimentary Digital Box.*

Be sure to check each of your TVs to ensure that they all have Digital Boxes, every television in your house will now require a digital box to continue offering your TV service.

I Already Have a Digital Box

What to Expect

As you are already a digital customer, all of the TVs in your home that are connected to Digital Boxes are ready for the upgrade unless you have televisions using the DCT2000 digital cable box (more information below).

If you have a television which does not have have a Digital Box connected to it, you will no longer see your channels on that television after the network upgrade, and will instead see static or a "no signal" message.

Do I need another Digital Box?

You will need a Digital Box for each of your TVs in order to continue to see your channels after the upgrade. One Digital Box will only provide service to the television to which it is connected, which means that if you have more than one TV, each TV will require its own Digital Box.

Please call us at 1-866-294-7581 or visit your nearest Shaw retail store to order any additional Digital Boxes you may need.

What is a DCT2000 Digital Box?

Do you have a digital box that looks like this?

DCT2000 Digital BoxIf so, you have a DCT2000 and it needs to be exchanged for a box that is compatible with Shaw's all digital network. The new hardware is provided as a no-cost rental - Please call us now at 1-888-608-5620 or visit your nearest Shaw retail store to order your complimentary Digital Box.

I Do Not Have a Digital Box

What to Expect

In order to continue receiving video services from Shaw you will need a Digital Box connected to each TV in your home. If you have a television which does not have have a Digital Box connected to it, you will no longer see any channels on that television after the network upgrade, and will instead see static or a "no signal" message. Once you have connected a Digital Box to your TV, that TV will have access to up to 25 additional channels, sixty Stingray Music channels, and Shaw Video On Demand, all at no additional programming cost. 

To keep your TV service working, call us today.

Once Shaw's network upgrade is complete in your area, you will need a Shaw Digital Box connected to your TV in order to keep your TV service working.

Please call us now at 1-888-608-5620 or visit your nearest Shaw retail store to order your complimentary Digital Box.*

When you connect with a Shaw Customer Service Representative, they will help to place your order and arrange for shipping or installation, depending on your needs.

We'll make the move to digital easy for you. We'll provide you with:

• A complimentary rental of a Shaw Digital Box*
  • Free installation of your new Digital Box*
  • Assistance in using your new hardware and Shaw remote control*
  • Access to Shaw's On-screen Interactive Program Guide to see what is playing up to fourteen days in advance
  • Shaw On Demand, so you can catch up on the latest shows after they air - on great channels like Global, CTV, and City
  • One universal remote to control the devices connected to your TV

What if I need more than one Digital Box?

If you have more than one TV in your home, and you require additional digital boxes, please call us at 1-888-608-5620 to learn about all of our Digital Box offers, and to find out which option works best for you. You can also visit your nearest Shaw retail store to order your complimentary Digital Box, and any additional Digital Boxes you may need. *

* Available to Shaw Analog Basic TV customers only. The complimentary Digital Box will be a base refurbished model. Upgrades may require payment of additional fees. Shaw maintains ownership of hardware. If Shaw TV service is terminated, the Digital Box must be returned to Shaw to avoid rental fees or equipment charges. Channels and programming vary by region. HD-capable hardware is required for HD programming. All Shaw services are subject to our Joint Terms of Use and Privacy Policy located at shaw.ca

How Do I Get a Digital Box

If you find that you need a Digital Box in your household, you can get one in a number of ways.

1. Phone 1-888-608-5620 to arrange an order (Contact Us)
  2. Visit one of our retail locations in person (Contact and Retail Locations)

Do I Need A New Modem?

Select Internet modems will not be fully compatible with Shaw's network once the digital upgrade is complete. If your internet package is affected by the upgrade, you will receive notice from Shaw and are eligible for a no-cost exchange to a compatible modem. If you receive a notice indicating that you need to exchange your modem, please call us at 1-888-608-5620 or visit your nearest Shaw retail store to arrange for a new modem.

Still Need A Little Help?

See what other customers are asking, or sign-in to ask

your own question, in the TV forum.

tv-forum.png

Attachments

Outcomes