Self-install for BlueSky TV hardware is currently only available in Calgary.
In just a few easy steps, install your BlueSky TV box and enjoy voice-powered TV. The following installation instructions apply to both the BlueSky TV 4K box (XG1v4) and the BlueSky TV box (XG1v3.
This article provides insight into:
|BlueSky TV 4K box (XG1v4)||BlueSky TV box (XG1v3)|
At any time, you can contact Shaw for help by chatting with us at shaw.ca/chat, through My Shaw App or by calling 1-844-574-7429.
- Get started
- Write down the BlueSky TV box’s serial number (SN) and your Shaw account number.
- The SN is located at the back or the bottom of the BlueSky TV box. Look for either SN or Host SN.
- To find your Shaw account number, look at the white sticker on the shipping box. Above your address, you will see the eleven (11) digit Shaw account number in this format, xxx-xxxx-xxxx.
- Hook up the BlueSky TV box
- Place the BlueSky TV box in a visible, well-ventilated area near the TV, an electrical outlet and a coax cable outlet. If you plan to hide the BlueSky TV box, you can do so after it is activated.
- Connect the BlueSky TV box to cable with one of the following options:
- If you are connecting the BlueSky TV box and a Shaw modem to the same cable outlet:
- Connect one end of coax cable to a coax cable outlet and the other end to the IN port on the splitter.
- Connect a second coax cable to the splitter and to CABLE IN at the back of the BlueSky TV box.
- Connect a third coax cable to the splitter and the modem. Turn on the TV.
- If you are only connecting the BlueSky TV box to its own cable outlet:
- Connect one end of the coax cable to Cable In at the back of the BlueSky TV box and the other end into a coax cable outlet.
- Turn on the TV.
- Connect the HDMI cable into HDMI Out to TV at the back of the BlueSky TV box and into the HDMI input on the TV. Make note of which HDMI port you selected on your TV.
- Connect the power supply into the back of the BlueSky TV box. Do not plug it into the electrical outlet.
- Pull the plastic tab out from the back of the BlueSky TV remote.
Note: If you have more Shaw equipment to install, connect it now. Please wait until the next step before you plug the equipment into an electrical outlet.
- Contact Shaw to activate the BlueSky TV box
- Call 1-844-574-7429 or chat with us at shaw.ca/chat (6:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. MST.)
- You will be asked to plug the power supply into the electrical outlet.
- If Welcome does not appear on the TV screen within one minute, press the Source or Input button on the TV remote to find the HDMI input you selected in step 2.c.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to choose your language, name the BlueSky TV box and set up the BlueSky TV remote.
- In a few moments, you will see programming.
- Check your settings
- On the BlueSky TV remote, press the Shaw button. Then use the arrow button to select Settings and press OK. Go to Device Settings and press OK. Go to Video Display and press OK. Press OK on Video Output Resolution.
- Choose the setting that says Best Available and press OK. Press Exit to finish.
You’re good to go. Enjoy your shows!
Related: Hardware Information - BlueSky TV box, Hardware Information - BlueSky TV 4K box
Back to top
How do I use my BlueSky TV voice-powered remote?
Press and hold the microphone button. Once the word Listening appears onscreen, talk into the BlueSky TV remote. Be sure to hold the microphone button down until you finish speaking.
How can I access my Netflix and YouTube accounts?
Using the BlueSky TV remote, press and hold the microphone button and say either, Netflix, or YouTube, sign-in with your username/password and follow any onscreen instructions that appear.
Returning old equipment?
Please return your old equipment as soon as possible to avoid any unreturned equipment charges.
- Place the old equipment and power supply into a sturdy cardboard box. Ensure there is cushioning material around it.
- Seal the box and affix the shipping label provided.
- Keep the tracking number for reference.
- Drop off at any Canada Post mailbox or outlet.
We're here to help
- Please visit us at shaw.ca/selfinstall for helpful tips.
- Chat with us at shaw.ca/chat or give us a call at 1-844-574-7429 and we will be happy to assist you.
- Support is also available through My Shaw App and social media messaging.
Related: Using Netflix on BlueSky TV, Using YouTube on BlueSky TV
Back to top