Dec 3 | Doubling the download speed of our most popular Internet tiers

Document created by shaw-jamesp on Nov 27, 2018Last modified by shaw-alexander on Dec 5, 2018
Version 15Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

We're excited to announce we will be doubling the download speed of our residential Internet 150 and Internet 300 services at no additional cost! These packages are available now and will be automatically upgraded starting Monday, December 3rd.

• Our Internet 150 service will be increasing to a 300 Mbps download speed.
  • Our Internet 300 service will be increasing to a 600 Mbps download speed.

Need help getting your doubled download speeds? Click Here!

Want to know more about our available Internet plans? Click here!

Click here for the full press release.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is changing on Monday, December 3rd?

• We are doubling the download speeds of our Internet 150 and Internet 300 products.

Why are we making this change?

• At Shaw we want Canadians to use connectivity to its full potential which is why we’re committed to providing Internet that’s fast for all with unlimited data.
  • Our significant investments in our extensive fibre network allows us to offer these ultra-fast and consistent Internet speeds to virtually all neighbourhoods in Western Canada
  • These enhanced download speeds are as much as 4x faster than other broadly available competitor plans in Western Canada.

How does this impact current Internet 150 and 300 customers?

• Our current customers will enjoy double the download speed at no extra cost.

I’m already on a 2-year ValuePlan for Internet 300 or Internet 150. Can I opt for the higher speeds?

• New and existing customers on Internet 150 or Internet 300 will automatically receive the higher speeds.
  • We will be rolling out the update starting December 3 and throughout the month, however, you can powercycle your modem anytime after December 3 to receive the speed increase sooner.

Do I need to swap my modem to get the increased speeds?

• No. All compatible Cisco and Hitron modems will work up to 300 Mbps, and XB6 modems will work up to 600 Mbps.
  • If you are upgrading from a speed below or at 150 Mbps to the 600 Mbps speed, a swap may be necessary.

How will customers be notified of this change?

• Invoice messaging and customer emails, starting in mid-December.

Does this impact customers that are subscribed to Internet 75 and below?

• There are no changes to Internet 75 or below products

Why aren't upload speeds changing?

• Our upload speeds are designed to meet the needs of the vast majority of our customers. The current upload speeds for these tiers are more than sufficient for the average user.

Does this apply to Shaw Business?

• Not at this time, however, the Business team is working quickly on a plan to introduce similar higher tiers to our existing and new customers.

Download the My Shaw app today.

It’s the fastest way to connect with a Shaw rep.

Attachments

Outcomes